Question regarding buying a contract with banked point and current reservation

Sheri in CT

Mouseketeer
I currently have a reservation that I made with 160 banked points and 160 current year points. I am thinking about buying another contract that also has banked points. Would I be able to use the banked points from the new contact towards my current reservation and save the current points that I used or are the points locked into the reservation? Hope I am making sense here with my question. TIA!

If you made the reservation in the 7 month window it should not be a problem to switch the points once they are loaded. If it is a home resort priority booking 7+ window and your points are at a different resort then they will not do it for you even if you are in the 7 months now. I am not sure if they will switch the points if it is the same resort (with the 11 month window) they may but you would have to call.

If you made the reservation in the 7 month window it should not be a problem to switch the points once they are loaded. If it is a home resort priority booking 7+ window and your points are at a different resort then they will not do it for you even if you are in the 7 months now. I am not sure if they will switch the points if it is the same resort (with the 11 month window) they may but you would have to call.

It is a home resort, but I booked it in the 7 month window. The new points would be another resort.

I think you should be fine I have heard others on the board say they were able to reallocate there points once they bought a resale if the originally booking was at the 7- month window. I would call MS once the points are loaded and ask they do it. Good luck

It is the same UY as the one with your reservation? As long as it will be the same membership, it should not be a problem. If it is a different one, then you won't be ble to because it would refer a transfer and banked points can not be transferred, even between the same owners

Well, at least I could not get them to do it for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!