Question re: DVC stay & ME

Buckeye Fan

DIS Veteran
If we book a 2 week vacation (first week at Vero, second week at WDW), can I take ME to WDW and pick up a rental car, even though we won't be staying on WDW property the first week?

It would be most convenient to pick up our car at WDW so we can drop it off there. We won't need it for our week at Disney. I just assumed I could do this, but saw another post that made me question it.

Thanks!

You need a valid reservation at WDW to use DME so it looks like you will be renting at MCO. You can always drop the car off at WDW when you start your WDW leg.

But you might be able to return the car to MCO on the day you will be checking in to WDW and take ME that day.

You should call ME and tell them what is going on with your two reservations and see what they say.

Last year, my DD and I arrived two days later than my DH and other DD for our trip. They rented the car when they got there so no need for ME for them. However, I needed it when I arrived and it was a simple call. They noted that we would be using ME two days into the reservation instead of at the beginning without any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter