Question on DVC Member Cruise

Angeejoe

DIS Veteran
If you buy DVC resale after 2011 can you book a DVC Member Cruise with cash? I know that you can't use points, but something I just read online made it seem like you can't book with cash, is this correct?

What you read is correct. You must own at least one contract that was purchased directly from Disney or a grandfathered resale contract to book a DVC member cruise, even with cash.

The policy changed sometime in March 2011.

Last edited:
What you read is correct. You must own at least one contract that was purchased directly from Disney or a grandfathered resale contract to book a DVC member cruise, even with cash.

The policy changed sometime in March 2011.

Thank you!

As long as members keep booking the cruise(s), the restrictions will stay in place but Disney will change the policy when they need to fill cabins.

:earsboy: Bill

As long as members keep booking the cruise(s), the restrictions will stay in place but Disney will change the policy when they need to fill cabins.

I suppose that could be true, Bill. But with the membership growing I wouldn't be one to bet on that every happening…..

I suppose that could be true, Bill. But with the membership growing I wouldn't be one to bet on that every happening…..

Good point, Disney keeps cutting back on product, increasing prices, and attendance keeps hitting record levels. DVC will follow the same business model.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter