Question on 2 Families Dining using DP

simpsonps121

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Going in December with my DW, DD, DS and my parents. All of us are on the dining plan, but we plan to eat together. (6 of us total)

How does it work when we pay for our table service? Do we give them both room keys to scan, and tell them - these 2 go on this one, and these 4 go on this one? Or do we just give them 1 card and let it work itself out? When we run out of TS on 1 card, we hand them the other card...

It would seem to make sense to just hand them 1 card, and when we run out of credits on 1, use the other.

If it makes any difference, we are in 2 rooms, same hotel, and both rooms are under my name.

Thanks!

They will ask you for both cards. You are only allowed to purchase for the number of people listed on your cards.

When we were last there, my mother and father in law were in one room, and my husband, son, and I were in another. When we ate, we said, "these three on this card, these two on that card". They always got it right- we never had a problem.

Funny, I just posted the same question, same situation and then came across your question!

Yes, parties dining together who are on separate room reservations must each use a card from their own room. You can't mix and match dining credits between the two reservations.

If you have the two rooms on two separate reservations, each with separate reservation numbers, then each room will be allocated dining credits according to how many persons are registered in that room. If there is only one room reservation number for both rooms, all credits for both rooms will be pooled and accessible from all key cards to both rooms.

If there is an adult registered in each room it's likely you have separate reservations, but that's going to depend on whether or not each room has its own reservation number.

Doesn't matter whose name the rooms are booked under. What matters is if you have one reservation number that covers both rooms, or a separate reservation number for each room. If you have adults in both rooms, you likely have separate reservation numbers. Check with Disney if you booked through them, or through your travel agent.

We just got back, 9 people in 2 rooms, 2 different reservations, but linked. They were very good about separating the meals, but we weren't always specific about which meal goes on which card. The only reason why that matters is gratuity is based on the cost of your meal (and that's not covered by the dining plan). We just didn't worry about it and figured in the end it evened out, but if that is a concern to you, just let them know, which meal goes on which card. The few times it didn't come out just right, they offered to redo it, but we didn't bother.

I thought this would be a problem when we went (2 weeks ago) but we didn't have any problems. We did have 1 problem with buying a kids meal for my son who is not covered by the dining plan (he's only 23 months - have to be over 3 to get dining plan) but the cashier was able to reverse the charge and gave us his meal for free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter