Question for those who left late on the Magic

dismom73

<font color=darkorchid>It's an illness, I know!<br
I have a question for those of you that left late on the Magic last week due to fog (I know you aren't back yet, but if I don't post this now I may forget to :rotfl:)Was anyone allowed to be dropped off at the port at the "normal" port arrival time? ie 11am I ask because we have hired transportation from a hotel near IAH to the port the morning of our sailing, and we are a party of 12 so we rented a limo bus and I can't imagine being able to change that reservation so easiely, if they have it booked for later in the day we would still have to go in the morning. :confused3 If you were allowed into the port did they have any activities or characters out to pass the time, was there plenty of room for everyone and was food available? I hope you had a great cruise....

I can tell you from the couple times we have been fog-delayed in Galveston that when they say "don't show up before 4pm", or 8pm, or whatever, they mean it. They had everything closed up and you couldn't get anywhere near the terminal. I think the only way you would be allowed in the terminal if there was a delay would be if the ship were already there and turned over, and *then* fog rolled in, and in that case they would just have everyone board the ship and wait it out there.

In our cases, the ship was delayed coming into the port because of fog, so disembarkation was way delayed, so our embarkation was way way delayed, and then the fog rolled in again and we couldn't sail back out until the middle of the night.

No experience with Galveston, but when Port Canaveral was closed due to hurricanes, it was CLOSED....as in no one got in thru the gates to the property, much less the terminal building.

We were on the Jan 4-12. We got off the ship around 3:45 and there were some people waiting in the terminal to board, but not very many.

We were on the Jan 4-12. We got off the ship around 3:45 and there were some people waiting in the terminal to board, but not very many.

gosh, we got off about the same time and i thought what we saw of inside the boarding area of the port looked pretty full. additionally cars were lined up (and had been for hours per the parking staff) on the streets waiting for parking spots in lots. :sad:

A few years ago we had to deal with the fog situation in Galveston. We live nearby and were dropped off. Even though the ships were waiting out in the bay we were allowed to drive up to the terminal. They were also allowing people to check in their bags. We went to the strand which is right across the street. You can kill a few hours there and there are also places you can sit and wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter