Question for those who know the AKL

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Ish&DrJones, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Ish&DrJones

Ish&DrJones Earning My Ears

I just did our reservation for our Honeymoon at AKL :yay: In the e-mail confimation it lists "Zmaak Lodge" in the room spot, along with SV. I assume this is the building name, though I've never seen it on here; and as we've never stayed there before, I had no idea of a building name to request. Is this (the one they gave us) a good building? Especially for views and a semblance of quiet? If not, could you recommend one that I might call back and request?

And for those who really know the resorts, could you tell me roughly where that building is located, in regard to bus stops/food/etc.? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jenleahs

jenleahs Mouseketeer

4. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

I've stayed there twice and the way I look at it, the AKL is housed in one (big) building.

5. Tiffany

Tiffany <font color=orange>The Tag Fairy wants no one to f

Well "Zmaak Lodge" is a new one on me and we have stayed at the lodge almost too many times to count (see sig. below). We will be there in less than a month so I will see if there is anything new but I have never heard of this section.

6. Ish&DrJones

Ish&DrJones Earning My Ears

Yeah, it didn't sound familiar to me, and I read the AKL threads on here pretty religiously for info. Looking at that link, I don't see it either. Possibly some "inside" way of listing something, but that's weird. Or maybe they're changing the name of something? Eh, as long as I can see animals and I'm not seven million miles from the busses/food, I'm fine :) Just thought someone might have heard of it before.

7. JTsBoys

JTsBoys Earning My Ears

We stay at ALK a few times a year, and I have never heard that term. We also honeymooned at AKL. We went to Jiko the night we got married. It was perfect.

8. castleeto

castleeto <font color=teal>Disney Mama<br><font color=coral>

Hmmm...interesting. I've never heard that before either! I wonder if it has anything to do with the new DVC construction, but I really have no idea. If you figure out what it is, please let us know!

I wish you an AMAZING honeymoon! We loved our stay at AKL last year, I hope you have a wonderful time!

9. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

My apologies in advance, but I didn't sleep well and I'm a little slap-happy:
    I know the AKL. The AKL was a good friend of mine. You, sir, are no AKL!

Paraphrasing Lloyd Bentsen in the 1992 Vice Presidential Debate.