• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question for those who have stayed off-site and had to park...

Is it a pain to have to drive to Disney and park each day? We got a deal on a hotel 14 miles away for 39.00 a night (brother works for hotel). We are going Nov. 21-26 so I am anticipating high crowds for the pre-thanksgiving days. Are we going to regret having to drive in each day and park?

Wondering if we should pay a bit more to stay closer and be able to walk. I found another hotel that will be new and near the convention center (supposed to be walking distance) with free hot breakfast each day and a dinner reception 3 of the nights we are there including wine and beer. We would also not have to rent a car if we stay closer.

Thanks!
I did not take time to read all the responses but you have to decide what your time is worth on vacation at Disney. Everyone is different, but to my mind staying 14 miles from DLR and driving each day is about the worst way to visit DLR possible. If it is offseason and you are going on weekdays and park hours are short (10AM-8PM) and there is little or no night time entertainment, then maybe. Otherwise it is the worst IMO.

See "Hidden Time Losses When Using a Car At DLR" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1381580

:wizard:

I have a family member that used to work for a hotel chain, and sometimes I could get $35 rooms a 15 minute drive away from DL on holiday weekends. One thing to note is that we are not rope drop people and take a very laid back approach to touring since we visit frequently when we have APs. I prefer Toy Story because the buses are frequent and getting onto the Mickey and Friends tram can be so chaotic at times. That being said, those $35 rooms were hard to come by, so if I couldn't get those rates, I booked something within walking distance since the savings were minimal at the higher price point compared to the convenience of being on Harbor.

We stay within 2 miles and drive and park. Its really not a pain. I find ART more of a pain and why we don't take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter