Question for those who have flown to Spain for recent med cruise

GatorMomInNC

DIS Veteran
Strangely specific question: Can I open a bag of candy (let's say, M&Ms) and put them inside a jar and bring that jar on the plane and into Spain, or will they make me open the jar and throw away the M&Ms? I was in another thread that the candy has to be individually wrapped, but not sure if they will confiscate/throw away if inside a candy jar. This has to do with my FE gifts, if anyone is wondering.

Depends on the customs agent. Most likely they won't even ask you enough questions to know that it is there. But if they do find it, they may ask you to discard it. But my question to you: even if you get it through customs, are the recipients of your FE gift going to want unwrapped candy? I'm sure you are a perfectly nice person. But I don't know you and I'm just going to discard any open candies.

Hmmm...I didn't think about that. I was going to buy M&Ms in Barcelona, but I don't want to spend my first hour or so on the ship filling and labeling candy jars...But maybe I should find some individually wrapped candies to put in there instead...

Depends on the customs agent. Most likely they won't even ask you enough questions to know that it is there. But if they do find it, they may ask you to discard it. But my question to you: even if you get it through customs, are the recipients of your FE gift going to want unwrapped candy? I'm sure you are a perfectly nice person. But I don't know you and I'm just going to discard any open candies.

A large bag of M&M's in Barcelona will cost you around 8 euros, so bring some wrapped candy with you, its far cheaper.

We just got back this week. We went via Paris both coming and going. The customs process in Barcelona was pretty standard stuff & they didn't question anything on us. The customs at CDG however was reallllly stringent. They went over & beyond looking at everything. And on top they had that typical French snotty attitude while doing it. Pat downs on almost everybody including our DS14.

That said, if it was me, I wouldn't want opened, unwrapped candy in my FE. JM2C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts