Question for previous cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DizneyNutz, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

We are Castaway cruisers and have booked two rooms for a cruise. The other members of our cruise have never sailed. We are paying for their room however. At check in do they have to go through the first cruisers line or are they able to check in with us and be afforded our castaway status? TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

They may be able to check in with you (our first timer family was able to on the WBPC) but it depends on the CM managing the line. Also, they will at no point be afforded your CC status, even if they check in with you: no lanyards, no in-room gifts, no early booking of excursions or restaurants, no Gold/Platinum reception.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

4. Wadekind

Wadekind DIS Veteran

We have noticed that sometimes the regular lines are shorter that the CC lines.

5. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

Thank You. We are only inquiring in reference to the boarding. They are elderly parents and we wanted to know if they will be able to board at the same time or if we will board first and have to wait for them on the ship. TIA

6. Wadekind

Wadekind DIS Veteran

You could always wait with them and board at the same time. You do not have to board when they call your number.

7. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

Yes I believe we have that one figured out but that doesn't help at all if you are trying to get onboard earlier to sign up for mixology or any of the tasting seminars. So does anybody know if they can simply board at the same time as we can since we are the ones paying for the expenses or will we just have to wait for them onboard. TIA

8. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

The previous poster said "They may be able to check in with you (our first timer family was able to on the WBPC) but it depends on the CM managing the line."

That's what I have read many many times here. That the rest of the party MIGHT be able to check in with you, but they might not. If you had people mixed up officially in the rooms, one of you,one parent in one room, vice versa in the other, then they could check in with you, but not with everyone officially in their correct rooms. From what I've read here.

9. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

O.K. Thank You. We have cruised several times but just the two of us. Why is there never a black and white S.O.P? I guess one of us may have to board first to ensure our reservations and one can board with the parents if it comes down to that.:scratchin

10. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

There is a SOP. That answer is no you cannot board until your number is called. However you may get pixie dust in that a CM will let them board early with you. It's like upgrades. You can't count on it and they are exceptions not the rule (or SOP).
    If you really want to board together, you can mix the rooms with one of you in each stateroom and one of them in each on the res.

11. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We were allowed to have our family, different cabin, we paid, come to the Gold/Platinum reception on the Fantasy this summer. We asked, they came.

12. Bella29

Bella29 Mouseketeer

You could book yourself and one newbie into one room, then dh and the other newbie in the other room. That way both rooms have your status.

13. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Whether or not you are paying their expenses has NOTHING to do with check-in procedures or onboard benefits.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

14. DizneyNutz

DizneyNutz DIS Veteran

Thanks to all of you for your replies. They were helpful in making our decision on what we should do. Happy Cruising to ALL.pixiedust:

15. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

Actually, unless you are platinum, checking in with you at the port will have no impact on who boards when (Platinum CC has early boarding perk). Boarding numbers are directly tied to your PAT, not your actual arrival/check-in time. You will want to make sure both staterooms select the same PAT, that will give you a greater chance of getting the same boarding number and if not the same it will be close (probably within 5 minutes of each other). Now, as CC members you will be able to do online check-in earlier and they will have to wait until 75 days prior to sailing. But it's possible to get the same PAT even then. If you don't get the same boarding number when you check-in, just wait and all board with the higher number -- it's likely to be maybe 5 minutes difference if you have the same PAT.

Enjoy your cruise!

16. Jammy93

Jammy93 Earning My Ears

As already stated you can book each room with a newbie and a cc member, but you do not have to sleep in these rooms in the manner in which they are booked. Each person can stay with their spouse. Disney does not care what the sleeping arrangements are once you board.