Question for Orange County, NY residents: Bradley or LaGuardia Arpt- which is closer?

kichan

Earning My Ears
I'm reasearching airfares to MCO from NY, and just realized that Bradley Airport in Hartford seems as though it is about the same driving distance as LaGuardia. I would appreciate if anyone can help me determine which is better to depart from. I live in southern Orange County (New Windsor area). There are morning flights leaving from both airports for around the same price range. I have never departed from Bradley - is it more convenient than LaGuardia?? If possible, I would appreciate driving directions as well.

Thanks!

We used to live (up until 2 years ago) just over the line in CT near Danbury. BDL isn't difficult at all to get to - straight up I-84 to Hartford, and then to 91 North. You'll literally run right into the exit. Here's a link to the airport's website:

http://www.bradleyairport.com/home/home.php

It used to take us about an hour to get to BDL (with less traffic than a trip to LGA) and LGA took us at LEAST an hour if not more (especially in the morning with the traffic).

Also, BDL is a MUCH easier airport to navigate, IMO. They have a beautiful new parking garage, and off-site parking with a shuttle was always easy (a 15 minute ride to the airport). We used Avistar. LGA always seemed like I needed to "guard" everything all the time and I was never comfortable leaving my car, even at the Avistar off-site parking lot.

That said, we couldn't always find cheap fares out of BDL to where we were going so we flew out of LGA quite often (the headache from the drive down usually subsided by the time we landed at our destination!).

You should be able to get a halfway decent fare out of BDL on Song (Delta's low cost carrier).

Good luck on your plans......

Lynne

Distance is not the only consideration. Traffic to LGA anytime can be brutal. I live in lower westchester 25 minutes from LGA, it can take 1 1 /2 hours during rush hour to get over the bridge

kichan said:
I'm reasearching airfares to MCO from NY, and just realized that Bradley Airport in Hartford seems as though it is about the same driving distance as LaGuardia. I would appreciate if anyone can help me determine which is better to depart from. I live in southern Orange County (New Windsor area). There are morning flights leaving from both airports for around the same price range. I have never departed from Bradley - is it more convenient than LaGuardia?? If possible, I would appreciate driving directions as well.

Thanks!

Not sure if your interested but Pan Am is starting flights out of stewart to sanford airport beginning june 30th.

http://www.flypanam.com/

Thanks everyone for your responses. LPBerg: your directions sound easy and straight forward. I live about 15 mins from I-84, so it sounds like that might be the best route. Maur33: I checked flights on Pan Am, but it was cheaper to depart from Bradley. Also, since they haven't started service yet, I'm a bit leery about booking anything with them. I flew on Southeast Airlines before they went bankrupt, and the service was absolutely terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter