Question for Catholic Cruisers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CatDenver, Jan 21, 2013.

1. TrixieM

TrixieM Earning My Ears

From what I've heard, they offer both a Catholic Mass and a non-denominational Protestant service on Easter. Disney is very responsive and I'd be surprised if they didn't respond to passenger requests to the best of their ability.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TrixieM

TrixieM Earning My Ears

Look forward to seeing you then! :)

4. Texan920

Texan920 Earning My Ears

TrixieM,

Likewise, this is one of the reason delaying my booking at the first place, however, heard the big holidays DCL could have this service onboard, plus my kids have the school off for a week for Easter, therefore, no miss any days from school. I'm not sure if you are going to the meet n greet or not. I'm sure we will be In the same mass service for sure....hihih :).

Take care and hope to see you on board.

5. TrixieM

TrixieM Earning My Ears

Hi Annie,

We're with you. We wouldn't have scheduled an Easter cruise without confirming we could make it to Mass. Also, this will be spring break week for us. We are planning to go to the DIS meet and will will look for you there.

Best wishes!

6. Sabeking

Sabeking DIS Veteran

We were not there during those holidays but when we were on the Magic they had a nondenominational service on Sunday.

7. PammyK

PammyK DIS Veteran

Blessed Trinity is probably the closest - they have a 5:00 vigil Mass on Saturday evening.

Unfortunately, while a priest visits MCO every Sunday to celebrate Mass in the airport chapel, the chapel is inside the security checkpoint area so you can't get to it unless you have a boarding pass. Although, you could always check with the Hyatt to see if perhaps they have some sort of hotel guest/resident pass that would allow you to pass through security to visit the Chapel. I attended Mass in the Chapel once when I was flying on a Sunday morning and it was a lovely, intimate experience.

8. penguins_fan

penguins_fan Mouseketeer

Thanks, I'll look into this, Sunday am in the airport would be perfect!

And thanks to DL1957 and buckeyemom16 re: masstimes.org and especially the phone app. I've used masstimes.org, its a great idea but the site isn't the smoothest to navigate - I'll try the smart phone app.

9. melglnh2o

melglnh2o DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there will be a mass on Feb 24 during the Eastern Fantasy cruise and if so what time? Or will I need to wait and look at my Navigator once onboard?

10. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

You'll have to check your Navigator. DCL makes arrangements for clergy to be onboard for services on the big holidays, the rest of the year it's a matter of whether a member of the clergy is sailing and wishes to conduct a service. If so, DCL makes space available and should list it in the Navigator.

11. melglnh2o

melglnh2o DIS Veteran

Thanks. Only 5 more days until we sail!