Question for 1st timer with 3 kids

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bokolo, Mar 15, 2009.

1. bokolo

bokolo Mouseketeer

We will be going on 4 day land/3 day cruise in the middle of April. Do they have a Pirate Party on the 3 day cruises? Also, it mentioned no shorts in dining rooms, does this apply to children as well? Is the sting ray excursion worth it. My kids are 9, 7, and 4. I know the 4 year old isn't elegible to particpate. Thanks

2. stitchlovestink

stitchlovestink DIS Veteran

YES they do.
    Yes I believe it does. the stated rules don't list a breakdown of children versus adult dress code. Or at least the posted rules we saw on ship didn't specify ages.
    Can't say on this one. We've not done that activity.
    Good Luck and enjoy your cruise. :goodvibes

3. slg

slg DIS Veteran

Shorts in dining rooms is quite controversial, but we've always had nice dress shorts for our 3 boys on our 3 7 day cruises on a couple of the evenings. Never the formal or semi-formal nights.

I have seen many other boys wearing nice dress-shorts. I personally don't see it as a problem.

4. SeeDisney

SeeDisney <font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color

We just returned from a four night Wonder.

We opted out of the formal night as we felt underdressed. so we ate at the optional restaurant Beach Blanket Buffet at dinner time (any time) and the food is just as good there.

As for the sting ray, my three kids enjoyed it very much. I actuallymade the ressies for the sting ray that same afternoon. Just notify the lifeguard who walkie-talkied over to the sting ray about our arrival. We were the only ones there for the 3:00 p.m. class so more one on one time with the rays and the teacher. Hooray. Afterwards, we took our snorkel gear and walked over to the first beach (in the family beach) short walk, 8 minutes and then snorkeled for the rest of the afternoon. It seems my kids REALLY loved the snorkeling very, very much. They were out there for about 45 minutes. Remember, there's a lot more fish and stuff to look at the first beach (the snorkel park) than the sting ray section.

Best to you. You'll have a GREAT cruise.