Question About Varicose Veins

Sir Robin Hood

Mouseketeer
As pleasant as this topic may be...:sad2:

I'm an avid walker. Have habitually walked to and from work every day (approx 1 mile each way) for the past several years. Am under the age of 30, yet have what they call a varicose vein on one side of one shin.

It's been there for the past 3+ years, and I've had no problems whatsoever. I've shown no symptoms of blood clots, pain, or anything of the sort. My grandparents both had a few of these for most of their lives and had no problems from them whatsoever.

But now I'm reading articles and hearing how "dangerous" these veins are (???) So I research (just to be safe) on medical sites/forums and find contradicting reports. Many say these are harmless. Many say to get treatment a.s.a.p.

I still contiue to walk every day and feel fine. As someone who usually likes to bury his head in the sand and ignore "scary reports" as much as possible...should I really be worried about this?
Anyone here experience these?

DH has had them for years and just had them removed last week. He went for a consulation (I think it was free) and they did an ultrasound and recommended removing them - because of what they saw ins covered it - they said sometimes they do and sometimes not. . It was an outpatient procedure where they collapsed his lesser saphenous (with ablasion) and removed some small capillaries branching from it. He took about 4 days of recovery and is doing great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter