Question about upgrading resorts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Surfinpiratee, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Surfinpiratee

Surfinpiratee DIS Veteran

So right now I'm debating between CSR, AKL, and WL. Staying at a deluxe is (only) $400 more.

So lets say I reserved Coronado for now. And in a month or so I realize I can afford to stay at a deluxe. Do i just call, tell them I want to change where I'm staying and all the money I paid for Coronado will be transferred to a deluxe resort? Then i'll obviously owe the extra. Is that how it works? Lol, I don't lose a deposit in that process? It seems like a lot of people do it, so I couldn't imagine you'd have anything to lose!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. yce22princess

yce22princess Mouseketeer

Yep! That's pretty much all you'd need to do. As long as it's prior to 45 days before you leave there's no fee/penalty. We switched resorts about 2 months before our last trip and all I made was a phone call. Good luck! We haven't stayed at CSR, but we loved AKL and WL!

4. Surfinpiratee

Surfinpiratee DIS Veteran

Okay very cool!!! We will be going in January, and IF we decide to stay at a deluxe, it will be within the next like, 3 weeks or so. I just added another contender, POR! Grrrr :rotfl:

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

If you are upgrading (spending more $$$$) they normally waive the change fee if you are under 45 days.

Also, as long as you are staying with the same type of booking they can transfer over your deposit and any other $$ you've paid. But if you have a room only booked originally then want to upgrade your resort and switch to a package, you will need to cancel your original room only and book a package and pay a new deposit on that. You would get your original room only deposit refunded to you but that could take a couple days.