Question about upgrades

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MrsJ Henry, Aug 15, 2013.

1. MrsJ Henry

MrsJ Henry DIS Veteran

In the past when we have stayed at AKL and YC we have been so lucky to receive free upgrades. I know how lucky we were!!!:)
    So this year we are staying at GF and I was just wondering if people ever get a free upgrade while staying there?
    Has anyone ever gotten one? we are going to be there the week before Thanksgiving week so not really the slowest time... but not the busiest either......:confused3

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

They are rare, but as you have experienced upgrades do happen. Almost always, they happen when it benefits the resort. So if it is advantageous to the GF, you may be offered one.:thumbsup2

4. MrsJ Henry

MrsJ Henry DIS Veteran

Right.... I assumed at the time we got those upgrades because all the rooms were not full etc... they were not big upgrades just better views etc... just a fun little surprise. I was thinking that GF probably fills up quicker than YC or AKL so they probably don't give them out maybe as frequently as some of the others.:)