Question about the Photopass

denneg

DIS Veteran
I'm travelling to Disney World in 2 weeks with my whole family, and plan to buy the Photopass CD. We have a photopass already that was mailed to us after booking, and it's all registered. However, we don't plan to be together at all times, the age differences of the kids will require us to go in different directions at times. I read that you can't combine pictures from different Photopasses on one CD - but would it be possible for us to take copies of the photopass card, and have the photographer scan the copy if we don't have the actual card? Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and if it works. Last year, I ended up with 4 different photopasses, and I really don't want to have to shell out that much for different CD's!!

Thanks!

You can combind them together we did in 2009. You can have them combined at any of the parks or at home. At home when you log into photopass you just enter each card.

I think you may have gotten some bad information, because we had 3 photo pass cards on our last visit and were able to link them all to purchase the Photopass CD. Just make sure to write down or Text yourself the photo pass number of each card in case you lose them before registering them.

Yes you can combine cards. Thats why when you go to a waterpark they give you a small one that goes on your wrist. Back when you could get people on Dis that were going the same month as you we would do Photopass CD's that we would share.

You CAN have multiple card numbers for ONE Photopass account.

You CANNOT use the same card number on TWO Photopass accounts.

Your family can get separate cards and enter all of the numbers on the same account. If you were travelling with another family and they wanted the same pics on both your account and their account, you would not be able to "share" the card and get the photos on two separate Photopass account cds. Does that make sense?

Thank you all so much! We're travelling together and all live nearby, so it's fine to share one account and CD, I just wanted to make sure that we'd get all of the pictures. Now I feel comfortable pre-ordering the CD!

**9 Days until we go, so exciting!!**

Yes you can combine cards. Thats why when you go to a waterpark they give you a small one that goes on your wrist. Back when you could get people on Dis that were going the same month as you we would do Photopass CD's that we would share.

Those Photopass' that go on your wrist are so handy. :thumbsup2

David

Personally I woulnd't pre-register the card they sent you to use and here's why..

If you preregister the card as soon as you get photos taken on the card (or within an hour or two) those photos will start appearing in your account and your 30 day ordering clock will start. Meaning you will only have 30 days to do your edits/enhancements on your photos before you order your CD. There is no reason to enter the card before you are ready to do your edits.

Say for example you arrive at WDW on July 28th and start getting photos taken. You will then have until August 27th to place your order before your photos start to disappear from your account if you use a pre-regsiter card. If you just use the card they sent you, or any cards they give you in the parks, then you will have until August 27th to ENTER your pictures (taken on July 28th) and you'll have until Sept. 27th to place your order. An extra 30 days.

Basically, if you do it right you will have a total of 60 days to do your edits before you have to place your order. You must download your pictures by 30 days from date taken and then you must order within the next 30 days. In this way I have managed to maximize my CD orders, every time. I have even been able to combine my Fall WDW trips with trips to DLR after and get the DLR price of $59.95 instead of the $99.95 prebuy price. ;)

As PP have stated, you can have unlimited number of cards. Every group can have their own. If you forget the one you had, you can get a new one. You can have unlimited photos in your account once you complete your edits. The most CDs I have had, in one order, are 5.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I consider myself a PP CD expert. ;)

All of your family's photos can be on one CD order and then you can just burn them copies (be sure to curn them a copy of the Copyright agreement) for their use.

Have fun!

(Actually if you wanted to have 2 separate accounts with all the same photos you can do it-you would take all your cards to the PP store and ask them to copy them onto each other's cards. Though why anyone would do this I don't know-it would mean you would then place 2 CD orders. No reason to since you can just copy to one you get to share.)

Oh, and here's a final tip for those who may have those cute wrist PP cards and want to reuse them-DON'T if they are from a previous trip! I did this a few years back, not thinking, and once the photos were taken the appeared in the account I had entered that card in the year before. Problem was it wasn't my account, it was back in the day when you could do CD Shares on the boards and the account belonged so someone else! :scared1: Luckily I contacted the owner of the account and Disneyphotopass and they were able to transfer the photos to my account. :goodvibes

So about the photopass. We are going to DW with my inlaws and they have purchased the photopass for $99 . My DBiL says that we can combine all the pictures onto one account and he will get the CD for it . Then it looks on here like you have to then purchase the CD in addition to that? I am a little confused. Can we all use the photopass account? Or just his immediate family? And do you mean you have 30 days to place the PHOTO order off your own CD?

So about the photopass. We are going to DW with my inlaws and they have purchased the photopass for $99 . My DBiL says that we can combine all the pictures onto one account and he will get the CD for it . Then it looks on here like you have to then purchase the CD in addition to that? I am a little confused. Can we all use the photopass account? Or just his immediate family? And do you mean you have 30 days to place the PHOTO order off your own CD?

:welcome:

When you prepurchase the cd, what you are actually buying is a $149 credit which is sitting in the cart of the Photopass account created by (I assume) your DBIL. After your trip, everyone in your party will need to enter their card numbers into that Photopass account. Once you enter the card numbers, you will have 30 days to do any editing/adding borders, etc. Once you have completed all the desired edits, you will proceed to "order a Photopass cd". Once you add it to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout, the full amount of the cd will be deducted by the credit and all you have to pay is shipping. Visit http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/ for the best info on how Photopass works. This is a great place to find answers to any questions you might have. :thumbsup2

You can all use the same PP account. There are no restrictions.

There are 2-30 day windows. Once you have a photo taken you have 30 days to upload it into an account before it disappears. Then you have another 30 days from the date you upload until you need to order your CD. There are options to extend your ordering window, if you need more time. I think it's $4.95 for 7 days and $9.95 for 15. It's been reported that you can extend your ordering time unlimited times. (for example if you have another trip planned to a Disney Park and want to inc. it on the same order but the 30 days doesn't work for you. If it's say, 25 days later, you could extend your PP account 15 days, twice, and get them all on one CD. :))

As PP explained-the $99.95 already paid for the CD. You won't have to pay for it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter