question about the disney vault

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by wendy522, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wendy522

wendy522 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know where I can find out what disney moviies are in the disney vault? We are moving and would rather not take all the dvds with us, the kids just don't watch them like they did when they were younger. Also, where might I find a place to find the value of these dvds?

I also have about 300 vhs in our basement that I want to get rid of, I know this will be hard to, any ideas? There are any where from 50-75 disney vhs are these worth anything?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cappy81

Cappy81 Mouseketeer

check ebay.

4. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

You might have an issue getting rid of the Vhs..no one I looked into would take them at all..especially since after so many years they degrade ..I ended up tossing them

5. tzeitel

tzeitel Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Once upon a time the vault used to mean something , now not so much. There are so many re-issues, special editions, blu ray releases etc that you can find most movies in stores with no problem. The harder to find ones are easily found on Ebay for retail price.

For VHS I would just lot them to sell on Ebay or just donate them - unless you have something like Song of the South or the original Little Mermaid cover ;)

6. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

It's not likely you'll get anything selling VHS tapes. Try and see if you can donate them somewhere.

7. bankgirl05

bankgirl05 DIS Veteran

I picked up some VHS tapes at a yard sale last year because I have one of those combo player/recorders that you can burn VHS to DVD's on. I went for titles that I didn't have on DVD (obviously) and some that are in the "vault" Like little Mermaid. I bought Little Mermaid a few years back (5-6???) when it came out on DVD, and held onto it, well last year when I went to open it I realized the seal had been cut (and replaced with scotch tape) and the DVD is missing!!!:headache::furious: Now I can't get it anywhere so my DD4 is stuck watching a grainy copy of the VHS!!!:scared1: Of course I don't have the reciept this many years later...

Lesson learned: check the seals on all movies...

Oh, so my point is, there may be some people out there willing to take tham... but I only paid about .50 or a dollar for each....

8. jtowntoflorida

jtowntoflorida Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney

I donated all of our VHSs to a local retirement home. They seemed to be the only place that was interested in taking them at all. Otherwise, I guess there's always Goodwill.

9. Jedana

Jedana <font color=blue>Have to learn to budget somehow.

I donated all the age appropriate (G) movies to the zoo here. They run a summer camp and the kids watch movies in the afternoon when it's too hot or stormy to be outside.

I took the older movies and dropped them at our local women's shelter. they were happy to take them off our hands.