1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Question about the Boardwalk Empire season finale (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by SamRoc, Dec 3, 2013.

1. SamRoc

SamRoc DIS Veteran

Have been watching the show since the beginning and love it! But what i don't understand is why Daughter left Chalky. I thought she was in love with him. Did i miss something? Really was glad that Knox finally got it though, he deserved it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mama-san

Mama-san DIS Veteran

I didn't understand that either. He was going to do what she wanted! Maybe Dr. Narcisse (sp) still has some control over her, or maybe she decided to take her chances alone without the baggage of either man. I'm glad Knox got what was coming to him, but I don't want Eli in trouble! I was thinking he would dump the body and play stupid but apparently that didn't happen since the show ended with him on the run. He's become one of my favorite characters this season.

The whole thing with Richard Harrow accidently shooting Maybelle and his being killed was kind of odd to me. I hate to see him go!

Love this show and hate to wait a year for the next season!!

4. ShirikiUtundu

ShirikiUtundu Cursed Idol

She left because Chalky's mentor's (Lou Gossett Jr) comments made her realize that nothing that had happened was worth all the trouble. Chalky had a family and a business and basically everything to lose, and they'd be on the run forever if they stayed together. So, she made the choice for him by leaving.

5. SamRoc

SamRoc DIS Veteran

I thought that might be the reason. I never liked Chalkys character until this season. When Daughter was singing to him and she realized that she loved him. I am upset about Harrow dying too. He was such a great character. And it was so sweet how he was finally going home.

6. Tanuki

Tanuki DIS Veteran

I think Lou Gossett, Jr's character really let her know how low she would sink had she stayed at his farm.

He made it clear she would get all the respect from him that he thought a homewrecking mistress would deserve and that she should just get on into the kitchen and start cooking up some supper for the men.

Chalky was a broken man, he lost his standing in the community, lost his nightclub and was mourning his daughter.

She packed up her voice and left to be where her prospects were better.

7. SamRoc

SamRoc DIS Veteran

I can't even imagine whats going to happen to Chalkys character next season. He's going to want revenge and its not going to be pretty!
    And when Harrow walked up the house and looked just like he did, i have to admit, i was a crying mess!

8. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

Ugh! I was so worried about Chalky that I didn't sleep! Glad he made it but I never thought that Harrow would go. Harrow was my favorite!
    I was very surprised that Val Alden picked up Eli to take him to Chicago, but that was cool.
    Man, I can not stand Dr. Narcisse and was hoping he would go along with that whiny guy that works for Nucky - can't remember his name but his voice drives me insane!

9. Kim&Chris

Kim&Chris dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at

I think she left Chalky because (1) Narcisse still had some control over her (or she felt indebted to him in her own way), and (2) because of the comments that Louis Gossett's character made.

But I was SO sad to see Richard get killed. First it was Jimmy, then Owen, and now Richard. It seems whenever they have a character that the fans really love, he gets killed off. :guilty:

10. SamRoc

SamRoc DIS Veteran

Last season when they opened the box and Owen was in it i was so upset! he was so sweet and Margaret was going to be happy. I loved Richards character too. Its true that they do kill off the characters the fans like. i watched the interview with the director and he said they hated to kill off Richard, but needed to move the story line in a different direction. And they also didn't want to let him go because he was a nice guy and everyone liked him on the set.