question about stroller on airplane

mrsturtle

nj mom of 2 boys
hi,

anyone have experience bringing a stroller onto an airplane. would like to bring our regular stroller (not umbrella stroller) when we fly. i am curious to know if they allow you to bring it on board (to be folded up of course). last time we flew we checked the stroller. trying to avoid a $30 RT fee to do this now.

thanks so much!

We were able to push our stroller right up to the door of the plane and then we left it with the flight attendants (and other strollers). The stroller was there ready for us when we exited the plane. I don't believe they will let you take it onto the plane - but this is not a problem because they take care of the stroller for you when you board.

thanks! was yours a regular size stroller? i don't want to take our umbrellas bc our kids seem too big for them now; can't imagine how stuffed they will be in them in 10 months!! and i really don't want to check them bc getting the kids through the busy airport w/o them would be a nightmare.

thanks again!!:flower3:

I am pretty sure no airline will allow you to bring any stroller into the cabin. Everytime I've flown with a stroller it is gate checked - meaning I use the stroller right up to the gate, collapse the stroller just before I board the aircraft (usually there is a pile of other strollers there from other passengers.

Someone from the ground crew then takes the strollers and stows them underneath the cabin in the cargo hold.

When we exit the plane, our stroller is always waiting for us just outside the door.

Word to the wise, your stoller will get banged up/torn/dirty as I'm sure it would if you checked it as regular luggage. Best to bring along a storage bag, or leave your favourite stroller at home. We travel with a $25 Peg P3 that I bought off craigslist - its been to h*ll and back but keeps on kickin'

If your headed to Disney you may want to check out a stroller swap (see the sticky in the Budget Board). I am in a swap for a Maclaren double for my 2 oldest during our Feb. trip.

HTH

We were able to push our stroller right up to the door of the plane and then we left it with the flight attendants (and other strollers). The stroller was there ready for us when we exited the plane. I don't believe they will let you take it onto the plane - but this is not a problem because they take care of the stroller for you when you board.

This is what we did too.

We did this earlier this year with our double full size side by side, the thing is huge but with toddlers it worked best for us. Took it rigth to the entrance of the plane the girls hopped out I folded it and left it. It was right there waiting for us when we landed.

We did this with two single strollers and rolled them right up to the door of the airplane. Just remember to pop out any cup holders or trays as they can get lost. That almost happened to us but luckily the attendant found it.

We did this earlier this year with our double full size side by side, the thing is huge but with toddlers it worked best for us. Took it rigth to the entrance of the plane the girls hopped out I folded it and left it. It was right there waiting for us when we landed.

Glad to hear. My DD is bringing a double for her two boys next week. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter