Question about Southwest

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by tchan03, Jan 29, 2013.

1. tchan03

tchan03 I have found my Cinderella

hi will fly out of Buffalo to orlando for the first time.

two weeks ago I booked tickets on southwest.com. When i booked, i didn't have passport renewed yet, so i filled in nothing related to passport number etc.

Now i have got my passport ,how do i add it back?

I tried creating my account, but it seems to be only related to rewards pts.

Please advise..thx!!

TC

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Questforthemouse

Questforthemouse Mouseketeer

I would call them...

4. formill

formill DIS Veteran

I have never entered anything related to a passport with southwest? You only need your passport to get across the border- with southwest what is important is that your name on your passport or driver's license matches exactly with the name you bought your tickets with.

5. Questforthemouse

Questforthemouse Mouseketeer

Great point formill! You are exactly right. Southwest only asks for your name exactly as it is in your Gov't issed ID. So as long as they entered their names when booking the flights exactly as they will be in their passports then they have nothing else to do. If they entered their names differently than what will be in the passports they will need to call Southwest directly to get this changed.

6. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

We've never entered our passports. Perhaps your thinking of when you use a Canadian airline to fly out of country? I know for Southwest we clear customs at the border, and then show our passports again at the airport but we don't enter them online.:)

7. webworm

webworm DIS Veteran

Domestic flight no passport required. You need your passport when you cross the border of course. You can just show your driver's licence if you wish as gov't ID when taking your flight.