Question About Snorkeling ?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by teroot, Mar 28, 2013.

1. teroot

teroot Mouseketeer

Ok I'm not a complete germaphobe but do they sterilize the mouth pieces or are they disposable or can you bring your own snorkel equipment.

Thinking about doing stingray city in Cozumel.

I only have a 169 days to go till I cruise so i have to start making some decissions.

Thanks
    teroot

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

They always "say" they sterilize. We usually bring our own as do many others.

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

When we were there, the mouth piece/tube is kept in a wash pail (like the big aluminum wash tubs) filled with water and sanitizing chemicals.

You certainly may bring your own if you wish.

5. cleophus12

cleophus12 DIS Veteran

We always carry our own. Especially the mouthpieces. I actually prefer my own goggles as well but because of fitting reasons, not really germ reasons.

6. HsvTeacher

HsvTeacher DIS Veteran

We also take our own equipment. We've had trouble with their mouthpieces and tubes leaking.

7. JimGA

JimGA DIS Veteran

I am sure they sterilize them, but I would be grossed out if the mouth piece has bite marks all in them.

8. JnDRader

JnDRader Mouseketeer

We generally bring our own for fitment reasons but I've never worried about the sanitizing to be honest. I mean, it's the ocean with all sorts of bacteria, fish poop, etc... in it.

9. Mickey3Boys

Mickey3Boys Aarrgg mi mousies!!!

We did stingray city through Dolphin Cove this week without snorkeling and had a blast! Then you won't have to worry

10. mickyminnie890

mickyminnie890 A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I just did snorkeling in castaway cay yesterday. The equipment looked clean to me. You can clean the equipment in the big wash tub with the chemical. I don't like germs much but I let it go since I went into the water and theres a bunch of germs in there.