Question About Snack Credits

Did you use all of your snack credits last time on the DDP or DxDDP?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

theweave

Mouseketeer
I know that if you are on the DDP or the DxDDP, you get so many snack credits per day per person.

What I constantly giggle at is people who say they "have so many snack credits left at the end".

I know in my five days at WDW, I would have at least 3 bottles of soda per day... not to mention a Mickey Bar or Frozen Banana here and there. I don't think it would be hard to use 2 per day at all, especially when I see how many choices there are out there!

How many out there use all of their SC during their stay, without having to go nuts at the end and fill your suitcase?

I've only been on the dining plan once...

The last day we had a TON of snack credits and a few CS meals leftover.
We went to the POP foodcourt, got bags of the Chip-N-Dale Pretzels and sandwiches with the leftover credits... packed the pretzels in our suitcases and the sandwiches in our carry-ons, we ate them during our layover.

Worked perfectly and I plan to do the same this time around (though it seems some things have changed..)

We went to the POP foodcourt, got bags of the Chip-N-Dale Pretzels and sandwiches with the leftover credits... packed the pretzels in our suitcases and the sandwiches in our carry-ons, we ate them during our layover.

Worked perfectly and I plan to do the same this time around (though it seems some things have changed..)

So you didn't eat while you were there I take it!

We ate, we just didn't eat as much food as it had.

My best friend and I split a CS for lunch everyday and then had our TS meals for dinner.

It was just too much food for us.

Here's what happens with us when we are on the DDP:

We order 2 cases of water from Costco before arriving because we drink at least 6-8 bottles of water per day we are there, so we don't use credits on water.

Now, you get a dessert after BOTH a CS and a TS meal...2 BIG meals + big desserts twice a day = not much room for us to fit in a snack per person, per day. Actually, in the beginning of our trip, we all get a snack per person...then, the kids don't ever eat all of theirs, & I start feeling really crappy after that much sugar in a day. So, usually, we get 2 snacks for the 4 of us to share so that most of it doesn't end up in the trash can.

Most of our trips are 8-9 nights. Not too difficult to see how we'd end up with some CS and snack credits left on our card. We are getting better about not "saving" them for later in the trip like we did on some of our earlier trips. I use my snack credits for a latte every morning, etc.

I can definitely see how it can happen - especially with the DxDDP - they get 3 meals a day, each with appetizer, entree, and dessert along with a refillable mug and 2 snack credits per person, per day. I can see how many of them can end up with so many snack credits left over. I'm stuffed for HOURS after one TS meal.

ETA: As for the drinks, we always had lots to drink. The CS meals (for the most part) gave us the large sized fountain drinks. We always ended up taking them with us and then drinking them for an hour or so after the meal. Between that and the pop we got at a TS meal, it was more than enough for us for the entire day. Water was great after that.

Yeah I guess it would be easy.. who knows I may be having a few leftover too because I am alone and going on the DxDDP I think. I will be using a few 2 TS credit meals so it will work out better for me I think.

Just found it puzzling how you could not have a drink or munchie in the park when you are walking all the time, after all, you are on holidays at WDW! :)

We had 8 snack credits left after our trip. It's not that we couldn't use them on drinks and stuff, it's just that if you want to get 'the most' out of the plan it's not smart.

Why use a credit for a bottle of over priced water at the parks when you can bring your own?

Then you can use the snack credits for stuff you can't get elsewhere, like Goofy's Candy Company stuff to bring home.

Bottle of water from outside = 50 cents (or less)
Goofy's Candy = $3.00 - $3.50

IF and that's a big IF, we have any snack credits left, we use them for stuff to take home as gifts for the kids we know, stuff like Disney Pez, or unicorn pops, or stuff like that. That's money we don't have to spend on gifts

It seems things always change, some for the good, some not! *LOL*

We had 8 snack credits left after our trip. It's not that we couldn't use them on drinks and stuff, it's just that if you want to get 'the most' out of the plan it's not smart.

Why use a credit for a bottle of over priced water at the parks when you can bring your own?

Then you can use the snack credits for stuff you can't get elsewhere, like Goofy's Candy Company stuff to bring home.

IF and that's a big IF, we have any snack credits left, we use them for stuff to take home as gifts for the kids we know, stuff like Disney Pez, or unicorn pops, or stuff like that. That's money we don't have to spend on gifts

Yeah I see what you are all saying now! The soda is overpriced (what isn't at WDW? :rotfl2:) but there is sooooo much you can get with a measly SC, why waste it? I don't like water much but maybe that is an idea, get some water shipped there and drink it in the parks.. but how to keep it cold so long?

It seems things always change, some for the good, some not! *LOL*

Yeah I see what you are all saying now! The soda is overpriced (what isn't at WDW? :rotfl2:) but there is sooooo much you can get with a measly SC, why waste it? I don't like water much but maybe that is an idea, get some water shipped there and drink it in the parks.. but how to keep it cold so long?

Exactly why on the last day we loaded up on pretzels and boxes of cookies!

I think I might have to hit Goofy's this year for that stuff, POP might leave me wishing for more options!! :rotfl:

On deluxe, we were typically doing 3 meals a day (the adults would sometimes split a CS lunch, but the kids need to eat at regular times). As such, one snack in the morning and one or two in the afternoon split among all of us (5 total, 2 under 3yo) was plenty. Got my soda during meals, and just carried a bottle of water around.

So, we had 9 (out of 42) credits left over by the end of the week. But that's what a last-minute stop at Goofy's Candy Co. is for...

Yes there are a kazillion choices for snacking around the World, but you'd have to have an incredible appetite to use them all on the deluxe because you may find you are full from your meals all the time. We did the deluxe dining plan for just 2 nights (parts of 3 days) in January and were totally overwhelmed with the amount of food. We ate 2 table service on the day we checked in, 3 the second day & breakfast on the day we checked out. We did not use a single snack credit (8 available) during our stay. When we checked out, we used 4 snack credits for yogurt and 4 on pastries to go. We enjoyed those for the next two days we were on the road. So technically, we used all our snack credits, but not while we were there.

On the regular dining plan, we use the one snack credit a day to buy a breakfast pastry, so we were using those while still in Disney World

We had one snack credit left on our last day so we bought a bag of caramel corn for the trip home. We tended to use our SCs for ice cream or a smoothie, something cold. I think my DH used a SC for a water once before I "explained" the proper use of credits to him, especially since I had a case of water in the room.

We did have a few CSs left but that was because we went to T_Rex one day at lunch.

I know that if you are on the DDP or the DxDDP, you get so many snack credits per day per person.

What I constantly giggle at is people who say they "have so many snack credits left at the end".

I know in my five days at WDW, I would have at least 3 bottles of soda per day... not to mention a Mickey Bar or Frozen Banana here and there. I don't think it would be hard to use 2 per day at all, especially when I see how many choices there are out there!

How many out there use all of their SC during their stay, without having to go nuts at the end and fill your suitcase?

Not us! :rotfl: Both of our trips we were on the DDP and yes, we had "oodles" of credits left at the trip's end. Both times we spent a massive amount on our last day (pre-packaged snacks and even drinks on trip #2) and brought them home with us! :thumbsup2 We did spend one every other day or so I would say. We are not pop drinkers so pop use was out and CS places give you water free so buying water by the bottle was not a need really although I did spend a couple of credits on bottled water. DS & DH used credits more often than me, as they love the ice cream type treats.

Snack Credit Tip--My wife and I use ours during the Food and Wine Festival since you can use your snack credits to purchase most of the food there.

We usually try to save a few credits for the last full day so we can get snacks for the plane ride home. I lie the half sized boxes of Nilla Wafers and she likes the Chip and Dale Pretzels...

So, we use all of our snack credits. Now, using all our CS credits is another question...:rolleyes1

Goofys is my plan on any un used snack credits too

I'm not a big eater so DH and I usually split a CS meal. I also have to be careful because I have really bad IBS. My breakfasts have to be high fiber. We don't use our credits to buy water. Everytime we pass a fountain we drink. We always end up with extra snack credits and use them up at Goofy's. It's so worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter