Question about Sept/Oct 2012 discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Princess_K, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Princess_K

Princess_K DIS Veteran

May 18, 2008
    We are trying to plan where to stay on our trip next fall. I believe a free dining promotion is typically offered at this time, but do they usually offer room discounts as well?

On my last trip, we were able to get 40% off the room as a part of our package.

Thanks for your help!
  2. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

Aug 23, 2008
    I imagine you will see the traditional free dining promo through the end of September as that is hurricane season. This was announced along with a bunch of other disocunts last year in August with a booking date by 12/20. A second offering came out at the traditional time in the spring (late march maybe????)

Beyond that, I think Disney is going to start being very stingy and last minute with discounts, depending on when the Fantasyland Expansion opens.
  3. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Sep 20, 2009
    I think there was a room-only discount for September, but if you click on the October 2011 discount watch thread, you'll see that a general public discount has not been released yet for October 2011 (and yes, today is already September 7). An AP (annual pass) discount is available though - 35% off for deluxes. AP discounts are generally slightly better than general public discounts. The fact that there's an AP discount gives hope that there may be a general public discount may coming out, but, as I said, it has not yet come out.
  4. TandLMommy28

TandLMommy28 DIS Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    I looked up the history of the discounts offered and for September '10 and '11, both free dining and 40% off were offered. We are doing a split stay and hoping to take advantage of both discounts (FD at Pop, 40% off at WL). So I've been keeping a close eye on it all!