Question about Sept/Oct 2012 discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Princess_K, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Princess_K

Princess_K DIS Veteran

We are trying to plan where to stay on our trip next fall. I believe a free dining promotion is typically offered at this time, but do they usually offer room discounts as well?

On my last trip, we were able to get 40% off the room as a part of our package.

Thanks for your help!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

I imagine you will see the traditional free dining promo through the end of September as that is hurricane season. This was announced along with a bunch of other disocunts last year in August with a booking date by 12/20. A second offering came out at the traditional time in the spring (late march maybe????)

Beyond that, I think Disney is going to start being very stingy and last minute with discounts, depending on when the Fantasyland Expansion opens.

4. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

I think there was a room-only discount for September, but if you click on the October 2011 discount watch thread, you'll see that a general public discount has not been released yet for October 2011 (and yes, today is already September 7). An AP (annual pass) discount is available though - 35% off for deluxes. AP discounts are generally slightly better than general public discounts. The fact that there's an AP discount gives hope that there may be a general public discount may coming out, but, as I said, it has not yet come out.

5. TandLMommy28

TandLMommy28 DIS Veteran

I looked up the history of the discounts offered and for September '10 and '11, both free dining and 40% off were offered. We are doing a split stay and hoping to take advantage of both discounts (FD at Pop, 40% off at WL). So I've been keeping a close eye on it all!