Question about RER/Transportation

Komble

>:}
Has anyone travelled from Charles de Gaulle airport to Marne la Vallée via RER before? I know my trip isn't until next year but I'd like some idea of current prices so I can think about what kind of budget we might need. I couldn't quite figure it out on the Parisbytrain website. Also is it possible to tie in a quick stop off at Val D'Europe? Many thanks!

Ive just had a look at the website and it does look confusing but you just need a single journey ticket - billet origine -destination and ask for Marne la Vallee. This will cost approx 17-20 Euros I think . The journey will take approx 2 hours though as its almost an hour from the airport into Paris on line B and then you need to change lines at Chatelet des Halles and then the 2nd part on line A is again approx 50 mins.
If you go out of the station your ticket will end and you will need a new one so you wouldn't be able to stop at Val d"Europe without getting another ticket but that would be only a couple of Euros .
When you change in Paris just follow the directions for RER A and make sure you don't exit the station - to exit you need to put your ticket into the machine

Im sure Carrie will give you a more accurate cost

I have done both journeys but not both on the same day

Thanks! I wonder if it's worth keeping my eyes open for the TGV early offers. The website says it starts from €15 but that could be child fare.. It'll be me and my boyfriend travelling - I'll be 23 and he will be 28 at the time of travel.

Is it worth trying to sneak onto the free shuttle I've heard that goes from Disneyland to one of the Val D'Europe hotels? Or do you need proof that you're staying there..

Do you mean get the hotel shuttle to Val d'Europe from DLP? You could do (I don't think they check) but its probably easier to just get the train back there as a return ticket is only about 2-3 Euros and only takes a couple of minutes. They are more regular than the shuttles. Or if you do get the RER from CDG you could get off at Val and then get another ticket to continue the journey as I said

Yeah, I understand.

It looks like my two options are either RER to Val D'Europe and then RER to Disneyland OR TGV to Disneyland then return ticket to Val D'Europe.

I'll have to weigh up the differences in price etc to get some idea which will be the better option for us.

As a Small World :goodvibes said you could get the Origine Destination ticket at CDG to MLV via Chatelet-Les Halles but although not dear at 17€05 it takes forever and the RER B isn't a great line to be from the airport.

They have started controlling a lot more often the "free" buses from VdE to DLP and I have seen people being refused as they didn't have the slip from their hotel allowing them to travel for free. I often pay a ticket for the convience rather than walking.

The RER from VdE to MLV is every 10-15 minutes takes 2 minutes and costs 1.90.

The lowest TGV fare at 15€ is for adults but they go quickly - you can buy them 90 days before you travel at the earliest

The transport costs tend to go up in Jan and sometimes in July but it won't change by that much.

Personally I'd take the TGV, it's less tiring, a lot more pleasant and faster by far :goodvibes

Thank you soooo much Carrie, this is just the info I was looking for!

I've set an alarm on my phone to remind me 3 months before travel to check the TGV prices. Last year me & my boyfriend went to Paris via Megabus and spent the whole day exploring on the RER so we've been there and done that and I think, seeing as it works out a similar enough price, the TGV seems a much better option for us!

One more question, I assume the 1.90 is a single ticket? That's fine :)

Thanks again! :)

Yep it's 1.90 pp one way - you can also buy a carnet of 10 single tickets for 9.52€ so saving you 20% - if you were going to be doing several trips to VDE and back to MLV ;)

Ah, that's interesting!

Something to think about, although right now I'm only thinking of one trip there and back on the day we arrive to visit the supermarket and stock up on things such as water & snacks for our hotel room :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter