Question about Renting Points and Free Dining?

disneydreamkate

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I have been reading the DIS boards for the better part of a year. All of the posts here helped me plan a vacation for my family last year...because of the wonderful information I read here our trip was as close to perfect as you could get! :woohoo:

We are planning a trip again for Sept or October and we would like to take advantage of the free dining plan. Would this be possible if we rent DVC points or would we have to book/plan everything individually? :confused3 I apologize in advance if this is the wrong board.

Thanks!

If you go with a DVC rental you will not be able to get any free dining plan. That is available only through Disney rentals.

Free dining is only available if you book a package through Disney, paying full rack rate for the room, and getting at least a one-day ticket for every person on the reservation.

When you rent points, it's a private transaction with an individual. You won't be dealing with Disney at all, so you won't be eligible for any of the Disney deals or packages. You can get the dining plan when you rent points, but you'll pay regular price for it.

On the other hand, if you compare what you would pay to get "free" dining (usually rack rate for your room + at least a one-day base park ticket for each person) with the total cost of renting + paying for the dining plan, you will probably come out ahead renting.

If you don't, call CRO and sign up for "free" dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter