Question about photopass plus

camtheriot

DIS Veteran
Ok, I'm wondering if we purchase the photopass plus if we will be able to use it for several rooms? We are going as a party of 24... (My immediate family and their spouses and children)... Last time we went, we purchased ONE photopass CD and split the cost. We were able to get several cards and that way we could take pictures at different locations if we occasionally split up, and just add them all to our account at the end of the trip. If we purchase the photopass PLUS, will we still be able to do that? It looks as though they send you a special card in the mail showing you have the photopass PLUS.... Will I be able to get more than one? Thanks!

In September when I bought photopass plus, you only got one 'plus' card, which had to be presented for ride photos and to get the photo packages at restaurants. However, regular photopass cards, such as character meets, could be added to the same account.

We loved the photo plus. YOu only get one card but everything can be added as mentioned before. Just take down the numbers from all your ride photos and then they can all be added for free at a photo centre. We became pirates for a day and were given the receipts to add these photos for free. This also happened at our meals for the photos that were taken but not included in the price. We found that presenting the card the photographers went wild, I guess realizing that we had pre-paid, and offered many magic photos etc. Have fun!!!

Thanks you guys!! I just ordered it, and I'm really excited about it! It sounds like it will work well with our group :)

We loved the photo plus. YOu only get one card but everything can be added as mentioned before. Just take down the numbers from all your ride photos and then they can all be added for free at a photo centre. We!

when you say the photo center-- do we take the card to the ride attraction to get a photo? or any photo place in the park?

when you say the photo center-- do we take the card to the ride attraction to get a photo? or any photo place in the park?

I thought you had to go back to the ride itself. That is what the photopass plus faq says, and that is what we did in December. I'm curious to know if the previous poster did it another way.

Do the resturants that have characters now have photopass photographers there? I haven't been since 2009 and will be leaving in a few weeks. We are going to Alkershus and also Crystal palace. Thanks!

Do the resturants that have characters now have photopass photographers there? I haven't been since 2009 and will be leaving in a few weeks. We are going to Alkershus and also Crystal palace. Thanks!

They don't have photographers that go around to the tables, if that's what you mean. Some of the character meals have it set up where you can get your picture taken before you enter the restaurant in front of a backdrop, and I think at Akershus and Cinderella's Royal Table the picture is taken with a character, but I'm not sure since I haven't eaten at either of those. I do know that at these two meals you get the picture as part of the cost of the meal, but with the other ones you have to purchase the picture. But if you get the PhotoPass +, you can have those pictures added to your CD without purchasing them. The restaurants that participate in this are:

■1900 Park Fare
■Ohana (Breakfast only)
■Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
■Chef Mickey’s
■Tusker House Restaurant
■Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

I thought you had to go back to the ride itself. That is what the photopass plus faq says, and that is what we did in December. I'm curious to know if the previous poster did it another way.

Me too. I thought you had to, but if you don't that's a huge difference. We were just going to rotate the card between our two families and if there is any must have ride photo we want it is our responsibility to go back and get it added. Honestly I would probably only buy a few ride photos so having an entire days worth is good deal since all of our character meals are together and I would assume we will hit some rides all together as well.

They don't have photographers that go around to the tables, if that's what you mean. Some of the character meals have it set up where you can get your picture taken before you enter the restaurant in front of a backdrop, and I think at Akershus and Cinderella's Royal Table the picture is taken with a character, but I'm not sure since I haven't eaten at either of those. I do know that at these two meals you get the picture as part of the cost of the meal, but with the other ones you have to purchase the picture. But if you get the PhotoPass +, you can have those pictures added to your CD without purchasing them. The restaurants that participate in this are:

■1900 Park Fare
■Ohana (Breakfast only)
■Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
■Chef Mickey’s
■Tusker House Restaurant
■Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

At Akershus the picture is with Belle in her yellow gown, at CRT it is Cinderella, 1900 PF is in front of a mural, CM is with a giant plate I think, definitely no character though, and TH it is with Donald. I don't know about the others, I have not done those meals.

How far in advance should I order the photopass+ card to make sure I get it before we leave for WDW?

At Akershus the picture is with Belle in her yellow gown, at CRT it is Cinderella, 1900 PF is in front of a mural, CM is with a giant plate I think, definitely no character though, and TH it is with Donald. I don't know about the others, I have not done those meals.

Thank you all for the help. I am taking my daughter to Akershus and was curious. How many pics do they take? I would rather have a kids one, but if they did 2 I would take a pic with them.

Thank you all for the help. I am taking my daughter to Akershus and was curious. How many pics do they take? I would rather have a kids one, but if they did 2 I would take a pic with them.

Akershus typically takes 1 picture for a group of 4 people. When we last went we received 2 pictures since we had 5 people. They may have changed it since that time, but we were able to do 1 family and 1 just kids pic because of it.

P.S. - diggin' the username :D New game 3/5!

the photo at the dining place is included in the fee. You do not need to purchase the PhotoPass plus to get that photo.

Since it is included in the price you can have it added as an extra to the regular photo pass

Is a CD included in the price of the PF+? Do you just use the code and order it? We are only going for 3 days in the park and one more day of character meals with only two character meals. And I am a photo but but I am trying to decide if it is worth the money to get the family shots. Or should I just ask someone to take a photo with my DSLR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter