Question about Palo, Remy, and the wine package

sbag

Mouseketeer
We are going to be sailing on the Fantasy and have reservations on the 5th eve for Remy and the 7th eve for Palo. Last time we sailed on the Magic, we bought a 7 day wine package and were able to have our wine from the package sent to Palo. Can we still do this? Or do we have to order from the Remy and Palo wine list?

I think we may buy a 4 night package this time around, and we may order something from the Remy wine list when we dine there. But since we will be at Palo on our last night, I'd rather finish up our wine from the package.

Does anyone have any links to the wine menu on the ship, besides the packages?

Thanks!

One piece of advice - you can ask to meet with the sommelier at Remy to discuss this and look at the wine lists in advance of your dinner (in fact, even if you don't ask, you will get a phone call inviting you to a consultation with him the day of your dinner).

I don't know for sure that you can transfer the wine package wines to Palo & Remy but I would be shocked if you could not.

When we dined at Remy this past October, I told the sommelier that my wife had enjoyed the most wonderful Super Tuscan wine when we ate at Palo the year before - he not only was able to identify it, but even though it's not on the Remy list, he was able to get my wife a glass during our Remy dinner. And later during the meal he brought us back the laminated label from the bottle for us to take home with us.

I'd poke around some on the boards - I know people have posted the wine lists before.

~5 years ago, I dined at palo the first night and initiated a wine package there, no problems. This month, on the magic, we were hassled (but eventually able) about using our last (new) bottle of wine from our package at palo. Our friends were refused being able to use a credit from their package at palo. We've always done the pairings at remy

Thanks for the information. Good to know that there may be a problem using the wine package in Palo, we can plan accordingly.

Call from the sommelier at Remy? Nice!

I think we will go with one of the 4-day wine packages (classic or premium), but some wine at Remy, and play Palo by ear.

~5 years ago, I dined at palo the first night and initiated a wine package there, no problems. This month, on the magic, we were hassled (but eventually able) about using our last (new) bottle of wine from our package at palo. Our friends were refused being able to use a credit from their package at palo. We've always done the pairings at remy

I am surprised that they would hassle you about using the Wine package at Palo, In our experience they are pretty much open to anything, although we have not been to Palo on an older ship since August 2011 so maybe this is something new. We are planning on buying a wine package for our WBPC cruise in May and dining at Palo as many times as we can, so hopefully they will not make a fuss about this on the Wonder. I may give the cruise line a call and try to get the official policy.

Was on the Wonder from Jan 14-19 and was at Palo. My Fiancé and I had the 5 day premium wine package and we did not have a problem ordering wine from that package. Sasha never pressured us into getting one from Palo's wine list. Btw if you goto Palo on the Wonder, ask for Sasha, he was absolutly fabulous!

It was ridiculous IMHO but we weren't in a "kick up a huge fuss" kinda mood! We had been to palo brunch the first sea day, we hadnt bought any package yet and just had a couple champagne cocktails. Friends dined at palo the next night ( their first time) They had purchased a 7 night whatever the "regular" package is called. They told us later they had mixed drinks because palo wouldn't honor the package they bought there. They said they were told that if they had the premium that was different. We all went back together night before last and encountered the same story. My honest opinion was our server didn't want to deal with it for whatever reason. Eventually, he brought me a bottle of chianti from the palo list as one of our bottles. It's odd because I thought the service was off their from our usual, yet they showered us with desert and an extra palo shot!

Just off the wonder yesterday, we were able to use the Classic wine package in Palo without any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter