1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Question about ownership percentage

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by brat4278, Jul 30, 2013.

1. brat4278

brat4278 Veteran DIS traveller

Hi all!
    I am in the process of maybe helping out a friend of a friend and making a DVC purchase. Can someone tell me how these percentages transfer to points on these contracts? For example, my friend owns .3824% in SSR, so what the heck does that mean for points? Any ideas?
    I tried going to the source, but no one in their sales dept seems to know how the equation works out...
    Thanks!!
    :banana:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

The % is for a specific "unit" of that resort. A "unit" is a portion which may include one or more villas. At OKW a "unit" is an entire building at the resort but most of the other DVC resorts are not designated as entire buildings but rather a section.

WDRL has posted information about computing the number of points at each resort based on the villa size which can be retrieved from the deed documents.

4. brat4278

brat4278 Veteran DIS traveller

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but my brain is not firing today...what is "WDRL"?
    Thanks!

5. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

wdrl is the screen name of a member of these boards.

6. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

The same documents that list the percentage also usually show what that equates to in points. Or can't you just ask the friend to ask the friend?

7. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

8. wdrl

wdrl DIS Veteran

Good question.