Question about Name on Reservation and DDP

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by AveryandLilysmom, Sep 18, 2012.

1. AveryandLilysmom

AveryandLilysmom Tigger and Pooh Fan

Hoping this is the right place to post this question. Sorry in advance for the length...

We rented points from an owner back in May, this is our first time renting a DVC villa. So far so good, I think, as the owner emailed the confirmation number and added the dining plan for my family. I have checked the confirmation number at www.mydisneyreservation.com/DVC and can see it on Disney's website under "My reservations" as well. The issue I have right now is that when the owner originally made the reservation my name was added along with my children's, but my husband's name was left off and the owner's name was left on as the second adult. The owner said it would be changed closer to the date of the reservation, this was just a protection for the owner.

I emailed nearly two weeks ago about the owner's name still being reflected on the reservation and the owner said that they had called and made the change but for some reason it wasn't showing up in the system. Owner said they would call again and that is the last I have heard from them. Owner has been a little slow to respond in the past and that has been ok since there has been plenty of time but now we arrive in a little over a week and I am getting a little nervous about what will happen at check in if my husband's name still "isn't showing up in the system". Hoping someone can tell me if his name not being on the reservation will affect (1) our ability to check in (my name is on the reservation), (2) his ability to use the DDP (or all of ours), or both? I have read in other posts about a "glitch" in Disney's systems that cause things like this, but short of printing everything out and showing it at check in I am not sure what can be done, if anything, if an issue arises.

Many, many thanks in advance for any help! Hopefully the owner will respond and this will become a non-issue.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I really do not think you have to worry. If the name is still wrong at check in, you can get it corrected then.

Any adult listed on the reservation can check in.

The dining credits will reflect the number of adults and children you paid for. They are not tied to a name or even to a particular KTTW card. All of the KTTW cards will have access to all of the dining credits.

4. AveryandLilysmom

Thanks for the reply, that makes me feel a little better!

5. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Next time use a different owner. Having his name on the reservation protects nothing.

:earsboy: Bill

6. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

I agree with Bill on this. The owner is protect regardless as they have complete control over the reservation until you actually check-in at the resort and have your room keys in hand.

7. AveryandLilysmom

Good points as to both and I would tend to agree with using a different owner next time. Thanks again!