Question about mousekeeping

BlissfulMama09

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this has been asked before but we are staying at BCV next week as DVC members for this first time. We have always been on cash reservations and had the full mousekeeping everyday but I understand we will only receive trash & towel service on day 4. (We are only staying 7 nights.) My question is, what do you do with all the trash that starts to accumulate? I am mainly thinking about dirty diapers :eek:
Is there somewhere we can take our trash out ourselves? I don't see us hunting down mousekeeping with trashbags, nor do I feel like hoarding it!
TIA!

I apologize if this has been asked before but we are staying at BCV next week as DVC members for this first time. We have always been on cash reservations and had the full mousekeeping everyday but I understand we will only receive trash & towel service on day 4. (We are only staying 7 nights.) My question is, what do you do with all the trash that starts to accumulate? I am mainly thinking about dirty diapers :eek:
Is there somewhere we can take our trash out ourselves? I don't see us hunting down mousekeeping with trashbags, nor do I feel like hoarding it!
TIA!

There is a "trash room" where you can bring your garbage. I have never stayed at BCV so I do not know exactly where it is in the resort, but I know all the DVC hotels have one.

Have a great time!

TIA!

The trash room is rather centrally located on the floor. You will have extra trash bags in the bottom of your trash cans. There will be a trash can for recyclables (green can) and ordinary trash.

Check out the resort map that you will get when you check in. All of the rooms will be indicated on the map.

:earsboy: Bill

GREAT QUESTION! We have only stayed once at the World, at SSR. We were seriously wondering what everyone does with all that trash (and we had a ton of stinky diapers too). We kept taking bags out to the can on the first floor between the parking lot and elevators and stuffing it in there! Now I know to find the trash room :D

Once the kids get out of diapers, you may find you don't need the trash room - I think it ten years I've needed to find one once. :)

I've been wondering this too! We are renting DVC for the first time and will have two in diapers!

We just stayed at vgc on floor 6. Walked around and couldn't find a trash shoot or trash room. I called the front desk to ask where it was and I was told to leave my trash outside my door and it would be picked up. Every morning the trash was gone. If we had trash during the day we left it on our balcony to put out at night.

Don't - it just means they are working on becoming teenagers - and as bad as diapers are....teenagers are horrible :)

And then they grow up and are friends, and they sometimes give you grandchildren! It's the circle of life!:yay:

jockotaco said:
We just stayed at vgc on floor 6. Walked around and couldn't find a trash shoot or trash room. I called the front desk to ask where it was and I was told to leave my trash outside my door and it would be picked up. Every morning the trash was gone. If we had trash during the day we left it on our balcony to put out at night.

I don't know if there are others, but there is a trash room on the first floor of VGC. If I remember correctly, when you exit the elevator to the right and then right down the hall. There is either a door on the left or a turn to the left to get to the room. Not far from the elevators.

TIA!

Definitely using the trash rooms will be important but when I have one in diapers I also get the travel bags from the baby area in Target or the like. Once you knot the bag, no matter what is in there, it doesn't stink. :) This way you are not running down all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter