question about memory maker and split stay

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
is memory maker tied to the package it's associated with in terms of number of days it's valid?

i had a bit of a hiccup in our plans for next year.

since i've now added on a disney cruise, we'll be staying at WDW an extra 3 days until the morning of the cruise..

unfortunately, i am not able to extend our UK free dining package for those 3 days (i called disney UK but they wouldn't extend).

so i'll have to book us separately for those last 3 days.
Our 21 day ultimate ticket will still be valid, but our free dining package will be over.

so i guess that means our memory maker will be over as well - so we won't have it to cover the last 3 days we're in the park.

anyone have experience with this?

Don't quote me, but I believe the MM is linked to the ticket rather than the DDP or Room.

We extended our May trip (on the day we were due to fly home!), and the MM still worked fine us on those extended days, and we stayed at a DS Resort area hotel during the extension days rather than onsite.

Don't quote me, but I believe the MM is linked to the ticket rather than the DDP or Room.

We extended our May trip (on the day we were due to fly home!), and the MM still worked fine us on those extended days, and we stayed at a DS Resort area hotel during the extension days rather than onsite.

excellent!!!
i was hoping that was the case..
so if it's tied to the ticket, it will last exactly the amount of time we need it!!!
wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a standard MM except it doesn't activate until tickets are used (I believe) as it is given free on UK tickets.

Its a standard MM except it doesn't activate until tickets are used (I believe) as it is given free on UK tickets.

great! it's associated with the ticket and not the package....very important!! i didn't know that...
so it won't matter that our package is ending 3 days before our holiday (and 2 days before the 21 day ticket ends)

and i assume the ticket is on our magic bands...
is it going to mess everything up if i sign up for a second package for the last 3 days?
assuming i'm able to

is it going to mess everything up if i sign up for a second package for the last 3 days?
assuming i'm able to

The ticket is linked to MDE account, and the band is linked to the account.

When we had APs the ticket worked regardless of hotel reservations

Should be fine :)

Note you can't buy 3 days of rooms on the Disney Websites, you'd have to use Expedia etc

Note you can't buy 3 days of rooms on the Disney Websites, you'd have to use Expedia etc

thanks!

You can, there isn't a minimum number of nights you need to book. I booked a one night stay on there last year for this September no problem

assuming i'm able to

It is on the magic bands and during your stay that's linked with the tickets you'll be able to use that magic band and any old ones no problem, however when you check out it messes something up in the system with the tickets and you'll have to get guest services to sort it to make sure the ticket is still showing as active when you check in to the second hotel, did a similar thing last year and got to Blizzard Beach and magic bands wouldn't let us in, about 15 minutes at guest services there and a phone call though and it was all sorted

You can, there isn't a minimum number of nights you need to book. I booked a one night stay on there last year for this September no problem
There is on the UK site?

Edit: Just looked, you can now, couldn't in the past

It is on the magic bands and during your stay that's linked with the tickets you'll be able to use that magic band and any old ones no problem, however when you check out it messes something up in the system with the tickets and you'll have to get guest services to sort it to make sure the ticket is still showing as active when you check in to the second hotel, did a similar thing last year and got to Blizzard Beach and magic bands wouldn't let us in, about 15 minutes at guest services there and a phone call though and it was all sorted

argghhh...i was worried that might be the case..
annoying to have to take the time to sort things out...
so they were able to reinstate the tickets on the magic bands?

argghhh...i was worried that might be the case..
annoying to have to take the time to sort things out...
so they were able to reinstate the tickets on the magic bands?

Yeah it was a little annoying but sorted easily enough, yeah after calling someone who seemed to 'reactivate' the tickets on the magic bands we were fine and again able to use any magic band we had with us

I think the bottom line is, if they want to, Disney can change anything on your profile. There is always someone somewhere with the authority to fix issues. Even if it's a quick trip to concierge.

We once moved from the Poly to BC, and there was $500 to come back, but because we had booked a package through a 3rd Party UK Agent, they said we'd get the money back from the 3rd party. I wasn't happy with this and the Supervisor at BC Concierge just credited our room with the $500 without batting an eyelid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter