Question about matting?

See you wont' have that problem with this!
You adhere the pieces and then cut! So it is perfect every time!

Spinning said:
See you wont' have that problem with this!
You adhere the pieces and then cut! So it is perfect every time!

:confused3 OK - then I guess I don't understand how it works. LOL DDIL's mother "showed" me at a crop but didn't actually use it. She tends to buy stuff & not use it, so maybe she didn't know how to do it either. :scratchin

IT is very simple,
This is how I use it
Adhere photo to a piece of paper, odd scrap works fine, you don't need a straight piecie of paper to mount it on. The top layer creates the lines (matte if the picture is cut on an angle all of your matts will be too)
Then you put the ruler that has a small little lip on top of the picture, butt it up to the picture. Then cut. Do this on all sides.
If you want to add anothe layer, adhere the matted piece to the next color, repeat!

Well now that makes sense! :rotfl2: When Cheryl showed me she made it sound like she was cutting each piece separate and I couldn't figure out why you'd even want it! I already do that! :rolleyes: She made it sound like it all it did was eliminate the need for measuring - which it does I guess...but that's the least of my problems. LOL

It was on qvc last night, not sure if they sold out. I love mine. I use a rotary cutter rather then the knife. Makes it as easy as butter.

Cyndi

I usually always matt my pictures because otherwise they look nakid' without matts.
I use one color but if I want it to pop I use two. If I add a printed paper, I put it between two solids and then I have a total of 3 layers of paper

I love my PerfectLayers. I got mine from Stampin Up but I see the QVC kit includes a mat and knife... good value!

I still use my trimmer for alot of matting too, but only when I know the exact size of my photo (and then I add 1/4").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter