Question about going in March?

Bisney World Rocks

Mom of 3 - Two boys and a Husband
We've decided to take our trip the 2nd week of March - 2007. In 2004 we booked a pool home instead of a hotel and swore we'd never do a hotel again...lol. We LOVED the pool home.

Anyway, we always have went in the summer months. Is pool heat needed in March? It's about $150 a week and I don't want to get it if its not necessary. I know that here in TN, March is still very cool but not sure about FL.

Also, the kids are wanting to go to Blizzard Beach. Is it swimming weather?

Any advice from those who have been in March?

Thanks!

we have gone in March a few times, most recently this past March.. Alot of people were swimming.. I didnt swim this last time but I do know that my kids said it was a little chilly when they first went in.. as they were in the water it wasnt so bad.. I know the pool was always crowded.. so it couldnt have been too bad.. One day the bus we were on stopped at one of the water parks and it was pretty crowded so again even the water parks would be fine to swim at.. Hope that helps..

When we went the 3rd week of March this year it averaged low 80's with one day being 90 and one being 60. We just kept an eye on the weather and hit Blizzard Beach on the 90 degree day. :)

I go in March a lot of the time...and we always swim...but we stay onsite and the pools are heated. If you are staying in a home with a pool I would think you would have to heat the water because the temp still gets cool at night.

Hi, we were there last year in March (the first week) and it was cold...in the 50's. We are from NY and we swim when its at least 70, but there were actually lots of people in the pool.

I just felt bad for them when they had to get out!

I live a few miles from you in TN (I'm in Murfreesboro). We went to WDW the last week of March this year and the average temps were about 15 to 20 degrees warmer than it is here in Middle TN. It was most definitely swimming weather. The mornings were a tad on the chilly side for Blizzard Beach (it was low 70s in the mornings), but by about 10am or 11am it was definitely warm enough to swim. The highs were around 85 to 95 each day.

Thanks so much for the replies. I will definitely have the pool heated at the house and if it turns out to be too cool for BB then we'll just do something else. We're mainly going for the Disney Theme Parks anyway so missing BB won't be a biggie (if we have to). I guess I'll just wait and buy those tickets when we get there and see what the weathers like!

BTW, hey neighbor!!!

At the water parks everything is heated unless the daytime temperatures are expected to be into al least the mid-80s. Now once you are out of the water could potentially be a problem depending on combination of air temperature, wind, and if it is sunny or cloudy.

We went in March 2003 and stayed offsite as well in a house with a pool. We did use it and had the heat turned on as well. I always love a heated pool anyway.

I'd heat the pool and plan on doing BB on the warmest day of your stay. I live 2 hrs north of Disney and March is just beautiful in general. Not too hot, but can be cool at night. (think low 60's) Probably low 80's to mid 80's during the day. No humidity is the best thing!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter