Question about free dining dates & temps

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
I know this is slightly OT, but on average, do you think the temps (including the "feels-like" temps) will be pretty much the same from Aug 15-20 as they will be from Sept. 28-Oct. 2?

Can you think of any other advantages/disadvantages to picking either of these 2 particular weeks? (These are the weeks I am limited to - I have NO OTHER CHOICES.:headache: At least they both fall into the projected "free dining" time frame.)

TIA!:goodvibes

:hippie:

I think that the weather will be less humid at the end of September and less crowded (due to school breaks).

We go in August every year and it is hot and humid. If I could go in September, I would (but I teach and that won't happen for 10 years!).

We have gone during both times and the end of September didn't feel that much cooler than the end of August. I actually had a harder time dealing with the weather at the end of September because it was already getting cold in upstate NY so going from that to summer time weather was a bigger adjustment for me.

We have gone in August and in Sept. and Sept. was just as hot as August. Or maybe we just got a hotter than average Sept.

One nice advantage of your Sept dates is that you would be able to catch the Epcot Food and Wine Festival and be able to use your snack credits there if you like. We did that last year and it was very enjoyable.

This year I think that the Festival begins on Oct. 1st.

I would definately go during the later time frame - no hesistation. I definately think you have more of a chance of a REALLY hot August week than you do of a REALLY hot late September week. That's not to say it won't be warm, but the chance of it being in the 90's is definately lower. Plus, evenings should be better.

I have done lots of June and late August trips to Disney and you can definately get a scorcher of a week. My last trip was during the third week of September and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Plus the park crowds were light. It was an awesome time to travel and I plan to do it every year, as long as I am able.

Hey - I might be the same week as you this year - if you choose the later week. That's what I am eyeing up right now. Hoping for free dining!

Awesome! :cool1: Thank you all! :thumbsup2

We are SO lucky in our district - DD13 gets a FALL break. The timing this year is perfect for free dining! :)
:hippie:

We have been 3 times in August and once in Sept and the Sept trip was much hotter than any of our August trips and not a drop of rain either. We may have had an unusually hot Sept but Florida weather seems to be pretty much a gamble any time of the year so I would say pick the dates that work best and go with that. (the crowds should be lower in Sept though)

I think your odds of hotter weather are greater in August. After all, we were there the last week of September last year... .and they set records for heat and humidity. So doesn't that mean they're due for a nicer time of it this year?

Either week will be on the "busy" end of the spectrum for that time of year, but still manageable. Lots of folks go the first week to squeeze in their trip during free dining but before school starts. Others (like me) want free dining, but want the best shot at cooler weather, and want to attend the food & wine festival that last week.

I'm praying for some sort of deal in December. I melt in the heat.... took a chance on cooler weather last year, but that didn't pan out....

We went the last week in September last year. I've never been that hot at WDW in my life. I think it was hotter than when we went in July one year. I remember one night standing right outside of France in EPCOT and still sweating and no breeze blowing.

We had a great time anyway though:thumbsup2

We went during free dining last year, Oct 2-10. It was the hottest trip we have ever taken and we have gone in late June!

You never know.

We went during free dining last year, Oct 2-10. It was the hottest trip we have ever taken and we have gone in late June!

You never know.

Oh no, now you're scaring me!:scared1: LOL

Well, we were there for 2 weeks during the June heat wave this past summer and dh almost ended up in the ER! So I am just crossing my fingers that this coming October is better for us. Maybe I'll do a "cooler weather" dance like the "snow dances" that my kids have done all winter (which I am so done with)!!:laughing:

Oh no, now you're scaring me!:scared1: LOL

Well, we were there for 2 weeks during the June heat wave this past summer and dh almost ended up in the ER! So I am just crossing my fingers that this coming October is better for us. Maybe I'll do a "cooler weather" dance like the "snow dances" that my kids have done all winter (which I am so done with)!!:laughing:

It will be! I was there last June when it was super hot. My last day there out flight didn't leave until 5pm. I told DH we had to go somewhere - anywhere were I did not have to leave the AC ALL DAY! I was that sick of the heat! So I can understand what happened to your DH. So - in case you are wondering - we went to Disney Quest until it was time to leave for the airport.

This year will be our first trip during FD, if it is offered. We are going the first week 13TH-24TH. The first 2 days, we have a room only booked. Anyway, from all the research I have done, the first week of free dining is by far the busiest! So heat or not, I think your September dates will be less crowded. I would definitely pick September over August, but my DS will be in 11TH grade. No missing school for him.

I have gone for free dining during both times and while it is still ungodly hot, the late sept. time was noticably less hot. August feels like you are in hell. (At least you have the Magic of Disney to balance that!) I would rather go in August than not go at all but it is REALLY REALLY hot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter