Question about first night

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by ann0511, Mar 8, 2001.

1. ann0511

ann0511 Earning My Ears

We will be making our first trip to WDW in 57 days and staying at Fort Wilderness. We have 5:30 PS for Chef Mickeys. We have 4 children ages 3,5,7,9. We do not want to use a hopper pass that night since we do not know what time we will be arriving in orlando. We are driving from Chicago. Any ideas on something to do that night after dinner...thanks :cool:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pumba

pumba DIS PUMBARIZER Moderator

You could just relax later by the pool....take a ride over to Marketplace and look the place over...They have some neat stores there.....Just relax......have a great time......

[​IMG]

4. Melika77

Melika77 Mouseketeer

HI! We are going to WDw in August. this is what we are doing our first night. We are having a later dinner at 1900 Park Fare at GF. Then we are headed out to the beach to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks, which you can see from GF, Contemporary, or Polynesian. Shortly after the fireworks, the electric boat pageant begins. It's cheap, and you don't have to pay to see either. Check out this page on the pageant. You may also want to call WDW to confirm the time of the parade.

http://www.wdwig.com/ewp.htm

Melika77@theglobe.com

1984 Contemporary
    1988 Offsite
    1997 DxL
    1999 DxL
    2000 DxL
    2001 P

5. JennyLuvsPooh

JennyLuvsPooh Disneyphile

After travelling all day you will probably be pretty tired. I would relax and make it an early night, so you can rise and shine in the morning!

6. JeffJewell

JeffJewell DIS Veteran

...can be fun, depending on the kids' likes, dislikes, and attention spans.

The Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Wilderness Lodge resorts are all a boat/monorail ride from Chef Mickey's.

Other than that, you're looking at catching a bus to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk.

Jeff

7. joloco

joloco Mouseketeer

Hi, Ann
    We are flying in on May 11th from Orland Park! Our kids are 4, 6 & 7....I think we're just going to DD or swim at the pool and do an early entry at Magic Kingdom on Saturday. We hope its not too crowded, but this is the kids first trip and that's where they want to go first. Can't wait.
    Have fun. 11may-19may DXL. :cool:

8. Greg

Greg Earning My Ears

We were at WDW DxL in Sept. We got in about 5pm. by the time we checked in and got somthing to eat at the food court it was dark and my wife and I wanted to get the kids to bed so we could get an early start in the morning. But the kids (5,7,10) wanted to go for a swim, at first we said "no" but we were at Disney World and sooooo we swam. but I don't think we would have wanted to do much more than that after the long trip from Portland OR.

Have a great trip

Greg

9. bweagle

bweagle DIS Veteran

We are going to go putt-putting at Fantasia Gardens on the grounds our first night....or maybe you could take a trip on the monorail....

<center>[​IMG] </center>
    <center>"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing -
    that it was all started by a mouse."

10. k9disney

k9disney Mouseketeer

Why not join in some of the activities there? How about the campfire program? That way you can stay close to home and still get the Disney feel!
    If you aren't aware of it, here's a link to tell you more about it http://wdwig.com/faq_fw.htm

Have fun!!

11. Tartan Tigger

Tartan Tigger <font color=purple>I fixed my PC MYSELF!!!!!!!!<br

When we arrived last year it was around 6.30pm. We took a walk around resort,bought refillable mugs then went back to room. I went to bed and was sleeping by 8pm.(My body clock was still on UK time which was 1am and we had been on an 8 1/2 hour flight).Anyway I was up and ready to go to MGM at 4.30am next morning.

JUNE 97:ASMUSIC
    JUNE 98:ASMUSIC
    JUNE 99:ASMOVIES
    JUNE 00:ASMOVIES
    JULY 01:DL/DCA (16 WEEKS TODAY)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jenny2

jenny2 <font color=red>Victim of a TAGNAPPING!

We're going to the Hoop-de-doo Review on our first night at WDW! With 4 kids, though, and driving... you may want to just relax!

Have a great time regardless of what you do!

'91 - Poly