Question about family suites

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by NewmanFamily6, Mar 8, 2013.

1. NewmanFamily6

NewmanFamily6 DIS Veteran

Are the family suites typically included during free dining offers? Keeping eyes open for possible offers this year but definitely require the larger room:thumbsup2

2. sharadoc

sharadoc Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.

Yes they are. But the issue I have is that you only get Quick Service at values, so you're paying a high price for the room that's comparable to a mod or higher, then you would have to pay extra to upgrade if you want the regular dining plan.

3. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

Yes. We have stayed in a family suite 2 different times and got the free QSDP then paid to upgrade to the DDP.

I also think when you pay $230 a night for a room they should give you the DDP instead of the QSDP. The mod rooms some of them cost $170 a night. $60 a night cheaper than the family suite yet they get DDP and the value suite gets QSDP.

Worse than that...the Art of Animation suite is a lot more expensive than the ASMu family suite. SO you really get the short end of the stick staying in a suite there.

4. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

Yes, but the value suite allows you to fit more people, and not pay the extra adult fees (if you have more than 2 in the room). You would need two moderate rooms if you had 6 people, so it's not a bad a price.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Agreed. AND, they justify the higher $$ because it's the only way you are guaranteed that your party will be together. With 2 rooms theres a chance you won't have connecting rooms.

6. NewmanFamily6

NewmanFamily6 DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! This is why I love the dis boards