Question about exchanging in through RCI?

Sheba

Earning My Ears
Hi, I've been lurking a little while (found this site during my searches on Disney) and thought I'd post now, as I'm starting to think about where to stay for our big Spring 2007 trip!

Is it easy to exchange into the timeshare resorts through RCI? Do you have to put in your requests as soon as possible? Which resort tends to be easiest to get - Vistana because it's so large?

Thanks in advance!

there are 65 timeshares in the Orlando area.

I would go for one at least 1 year before.

then you can get Orange lake or SHeraton vistana easily.

if you have the nerve to wait at around 11 months sometimes more sometimes less the Hilton Grand Vacation Club will show up. It is one of the best that RCI has.

it also has some marriott - they don't show up as marriott and they are really hard to find - someone must put in their timeshares before you can see it.
Sabal Palms
Royal Palms
Cypress Harbour

someone say that Imperial Palms was also in - but I haven't been able to find it.

in the RCI where it tells you about these resorts. the internet website will www.vacationclub.com - those are marriotts.

the others are block filled.

some others that are nice - Fountains, Sheraton VIstana Village, Embassy, Cypress Pointe, Byran's Spanish Cove (not alot of activities). these are on the DD side of WDW.

on the other side - Silver Lake (it gets some bad reviews - but the location can't be beat), Wynham, Westgate, Celebration world resort (PET FRIENDLY),
these are near the AK entrance to WDW.

Thanks Spiceycat!

We want 3 bedroom because my parents are coming too (and we have 3 kids), so I guess I'll narrow down the list to those with 3 beds and good activities for kids ages 4 - 7.

Do you have any strategies for doing exchanges? My parents actually own the weeks (and they are member of Points too) and they have always called to request an exchange. Can you do it online? How do you get access? I don't think they have ever gone online as members - only browsers to view resort details!

Also, if we want to exchange into a resort that is part of Weeks and not Points (my parents' home resort is a member of both), how do we know the relative point value for exchange purposes? My parents are trying to make sure they will have enough points for the 2007 trip, and that impacts what they do in 2006.

Can any RCI members help?

Should we go and join TUG too - can they help with questions like this?

if you have a points question - I would definite go ask on tug. they have some excellent experts there.

you can ask your question without joining it.

www.tug2.net

just click on the BBS across the top - then sign up.

you only need to join if you want to read the help sections, reviews, rating, etc.

Thanks! I'd been on TUG before but hadn't realized there were sub forums just for talking about exchanges and point systems!

Pat,

I have a question. Which of the Marriott timeshares out of Sable, Royal and Imperial do you prefer and why? We are starting to look for the Spring and they have been coming up through II. I find the descriptions a little confusing as the perks seem to more at the World Center? Do you know much about these resorts? Sorry if I hijacked the thread......

Jenn

Royal gets some bad reviews - especially for a Marriott.

Sabal gets okay reviews.

Imperial is the 3 bedroom and still even know gets the best reviews of the three.

these were the first timeshares that Marriott built in Orlando. I think they date from the 80's maybe even late 70's.

I heard they are doing some construction at Orange lake-- something about eminent domain and the building of a highway through their property!? :earseek: just something you should check up on if you decide to exchange there.

We got a 3 bedroomed villa, sleeping 8, through RCI (Fortune Villas I think) :banana:

I called about 6 months out as we will be in Florida w/c 23rd March 2006.
I also arranged for 7 days at New Smyrna Beach but that's only a studio - sleeping 4.

I still have a further 5 days to arrange and guess I might be leaving things a little late as I'm now looking at w/c 8th April...... :rolleyes:

A friend of mine exchanged 2 weeks for me for June 2006 and I had no trouble finding places I would like to stay. I didn't start looking until October of this year. We are staying at HGVC Seaworld for one week and The Fountains at Oasis Lakes another week. Both are 2 bedrooms condos. I was totally obsessive about checking on-line every day on the RCI web page(sometimes more than once a day!) until I got what I wanted. I would think that looking that far in advance won't be a problem to find a great place to stay. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter