Question about Embarkation Photo

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by PoohJen, Aug 7, 2013.

1. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

After 6 cruises we stopped doing the embarkation picture. There is usually a walking lane to the right that is roped off from the photographer's area. We simply walk that way and never have anyone speak to us because they are busy taking care of the people who do want pictures.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

You cannot skip the picture they need to take of you that will pop up when you run your KTTW card to get off & on the ship. That is done when you check in, however. My family typically just tells the photographers that we are not interested in doing the embarkation photo shortly after entering the walkway to board. They are always fine with it and just motion us on through. We often tell photographers in the dining room that we aren't interested in photos and they have always been very nice about it and moved on to the next table. No pressure to buy or have photos taken if you don't want them.:eeyore:

4. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

We had the opposite happen to us. We were told that we had to have the photo for facial recognition.:confused3

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Not true. Once you start getting pictures taken onboard they will link your KTTW card to your images and go from there.

6. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

That's what I thought because I had read posts where others mentioned skipping it and that was our plan but the lady was adamant that we have the photo taken for recognition. We went ahead and had it taken but I didn't understand why it was necessary. :)

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Strange. We bypassed the line and the photographers didn't say a word.

DCL also had our KTTW pics on file from a previous cruise so they didn't even retake those. That was on the Fantasy last fall. When we cruised on the Wonder in May they insisted on retaking our KTTW pics. :confused3

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We've had the same KTTW picture for a couple of years (5 cruises) now. I guess our looks haven't changed enough for them to want to re-shoot.

9. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I found it strange myself because I've read on here how it's not a big deal at all but when we started walking past, she said we needed to have our pic made and we told her we weren't interested in the embarkation photo. She said everyone had to have their photo taken for the facial recognition. My DH and I just looked at each other and said ok.

They still have our KTTW pics on file from last year and did not retake those. This was in May on the Dream.