Question about early park entry

Penguinempress

Mouseketeer
How do employees at the gates determine who is eligible for early park entry? I'm staying at a Universal partner hotel (Drury Inn) but bought my tickets separately (ie. not a vacation package). Someone told me that if you show a room key from a partner hotel at the gates, you can still get the early entry - anyone know if this is true?

your room key or ticket would be coded if you booked a UO package that allowed the perk of early entry.

if you booked thru Universal Vacations, more than likely you will see the perks/benefits you are allowed.

just staying at a partner hotel does not allow early entry.

by the way, Drury inn and suites is a great off site hotel.
i enjoy their set up and amenities.
stay at one Drury Inn and you will find out all of them are run the same.

your room key or ticket would be coded if you booked a UO package that allowed the perk of early entry.

if you booked thru Universal Vacations, more than likely you will see the perks/benefits you are allowed.

just staying at a partner hotel does not allow early entry.

by the way, Drury inn and suites is a great off site hotel.
i enjoy their set up and amenities.
stay at one Drury Inn and you will find out all of them are run the same.

I am glad to hear this. We decided to fly down instead of drive after I had already booked our RPR room. Since I couldn't get a good rate at an on-site for the night before and night after our RPR stay, I booked at Drury Inn for these 2 end nights.

the drury inn is about 2-3? miles from the parks.
they do have a free shuttle but it won't get you to the parks before it opens.

they have a free breakfast set up for the guests.
eggs made to order.
i think it is around 5 every day that they have beverages, food, snacks, soda, etc for all the guests.
it is a nice set up.
the pool isn't all that great but will do in a pinch.
save your pool time for when you are at the darkside hotel.

pull up their website in orlando to get more of the details they list.
the website will give the food hours, distance to the parks, info on the surrounding area, amenities, etc.

the drury inn in st louis is great and very popular...that is where i first met up with this chain.

What is best way to get to parks before opening if staying here? Should I rent a car? I definitely want to get there before park opening

What is best way to get to parks before opening if staying here? Should I rent a car? I definitely want to get there before park opening

You could just get a cab. It's not very far- in fact Drury Inn and Universal are on the same road. There's only one stoplight between Drury and the entrance. If you foresee needing to get around town more, you might opt for a rental car.

a friend of mine used a cab from drury inn last year to the parks and i think she paid $10.
well worth it if you want to be in the park before opening.

you would think i owned stock in that company they way i brag about the place.......lol

Try uber - it's cheap, convenient and the drivers are great! It cost us $4 (no tip needed) to get from Hard Rock Hotel to Doubletree across the street (we shifted offsite for our 2nd night).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter