Question about DVC MagicBand sliders.....

kangaroodle

DVC Member
Does anyone know if they are still giving away the DVC MagicBand sliders when you check in? We are going in July and was just wondering! Thanks!

They should come in the box along with your Magic Bands. Ours did for our stay starting next week.

Mine too.

BTW you still need your membership card. The slider won't prove membership when it comes to discounts.

I just booked a cash stay at AP rate at a non-DVC resort and my magic bands arrived today. No AP sliders. I thought they had them, too.

I just booked a cash stay at AP rate at a non-DVC resort and my magic bands arrived today. No AP sliders. I thought they had them, too.
If you order the MagicBands for the Passholder Affiliation (aka AP MagicBands), those should have the AP Sliders and the AP Discount Card. They don't ship them with passholder rate reservation MagicBands.

And for anyone expecting sliders, whether it's DVC sliders for the MB order for an on-points stay or AP sliders with your actual AP bands, look in the very bottom of the box for them. They fall down and can very easily go unnoticed.

I might get the CM to remind you of a discount you forgot to ask for.

This happened to me. On our first night, a very nice waitress saw my DVC slider and asked if I was entitled to any discounts. I was exhausted from travel and still a little dopey from Dramamine, so I wouldn't have thought to mention it.

You should also be able to ask at the front desk of any DVC resort for DVC sliders

This happened to me. On our first night, a very nice waitress saw my DVC slider and asked if I was entitled to any discounts. I was exhausted from travel and still a little dopey from Dramamine, so I wouldn't have thought to mention it.
Love this!

I had a CM at Main Street Jewelers notice mine while he rang up 3 pandora charms. I was tired and not thinking. I would have been so mad at myself for missing that discount! :sad2:

Last month at DTD EoS, I forgot to ask for the discount, CM saw the slider, and gave me the discount without my showing my card.

We had a CM at the Yak & Yeti Store at DAK give us the DVC discount based on the slider. Everywhere else at WDW required your DVC card and ID.

I wish every CM at WDW would remind you of the discount when they see the slider. The CMs at Disneyland did when they saw DVC Member on our KTTW card.

Last edited:
How can I get an AP slider? Will they give this to me when I upgrade to AP or do I have to book a room with the AP to get the slider? THX

How can I get an AP slider? Will they give this to me when I upgrade to AP or do I have to book a room with the AP to get the slider? THX
Once you have an active AP, there will be a pending MagicBand order in MDE for the Passholder Affiliation. Order those, and the AP Slider & AP Discount Card will come in the package with the MBs.

Once you have an active AP, there will be a pending MagicBand order in MDE for the Passholder Affiliation. Order those, and the AP Slider & AP Discount Card will come in the package with the MBs.

Awesome !! thank you for the quick reply!!

I hope DH and I get them with our mb's for our January trip! DD and I didn't get any during our 2014 Princess Half trip.

We got them for our July trip. They started sending them out in May of 2014.

Thanks!

Do you know if they only send them to the actual DVC owners on the reservations? I made two reservations for DS's honeymoon in November and they DIDN'T get the slider.

DH and I are the owners and the only ones on our reservations (at AKV and BLT) in Jan.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter