Question about dining alone...

luvmyboys

<font color=blue>WoW Widow<br><font color=deeppink
I leave Wed for a trip to WDW with some fellow DISers, but I will have 2 extra days going solo. I haven't made any ADR's for just myself, since I haven't really planned which park I'll be at.

Has anyone ever had any luck walking up as a solo diner with no ADR?

The ADR situation really isn't any different for solo diners, since you'll likely be seated at a table for two. WDW restaurants don't hold any tables for walkups; if they're booked, they won't let you wait for a table.

As soon as you know your plans, I'd recommend making reservations.

Of course. Tusker House and Ft. Wildnerness the last time, at a 4-top, no less. When you're at the park you can have a CM check availability or just stroll up to a restaurant you might like and ask when they'll be able to fit you in. Make it clear you're willing to wait _x_ amount of time, eat in the bar, etc. Act like you expect to get in somewhere without whining, and chances are you will. Even if you don't, please remember it's only food and it'll still be there another time.
Have fun--going to WDW solo is the BEST!

No food for you!;)

I'm sorry, do I know you, smarty pants poster?;)

Thanks for the advice. I plan on not making any plans. It's my 1st time going solo & I want to wing it. I don't expect any walkup availability, so I definitely won't be upset if I'm turned away. I was just curious if anyone has ever gotten lucky. I'll give it a try.

I was in the Brown Derby around 4:30 one afternoon and could have been seated right away (don't ask me why I chose not to :confused2: ). I went back an hour later and there was an hour and a half wait.

I walked into Olivia's around 9:30 one night; it closes at 10. No problem.

A few of us met at the Turf Club Bar for a couple of hours last fall. I think even if the restaurant had been full, they have a bar menu that features some of the same items.

Teppan Edo and Biergarten seat multiple parties together at large tables - I think at Teppan Edo you're all seated at once, depending on arrival time and party size; while at Biergarten people at your table may come and go.

California Grill and Jiko (and maybe Narcoosees? or Citricos?) have food prep counters where you may be able to get seated - more likely at Jiko.

Just be flexible.

kaytieeldr is correct. I travel to WDW solo several times a year. I usually make ADRs, but then change my mind once I get down there and wing some meals. I've gotten in at lunch at Mama Melrose (never dinner), Le Cellier once for lunch, Rose & Crown (again lunch only), Biergarten, Marrakesh, Tony's, WGP, Raglan Road, and several resort restaurants.

aubriee said:
kaytieeldr is correct.
Thank you! Um, if I PM you links to a few (entirely unrelated) threads where posters don't realize I'm right, would you mind repeating this statement in those threads? :teeth:

Seriously, luvmyboys - while it can be relatively hard to get reservations for one or two people, it's a LOT easier for a restaurant to accommodate a walk-up party of one than a walk-up party of five or six. Plus, you don't have to compromise with anyone on the food selection :)

Your absolute best location, in my opinion, would be Epcot. You can simply go to Guest Relations - there's a signboard posted when you walk in, showing availability at each in-park restaurant for each meal that day - plus, you've got a number of restaurants just a few minutes' walk or boat ride out the back entrance of the park - at the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, and the Boardwalk. Heck, worst-worst case? There are a couple/few table service restaurants that don't even take reservations. Beaches & Cream is one; I think ESPN is another.

Splurge. One thing that tends to fill restaurants is the Dining Plan; several restaurants onsite do not accept any dining plan as payment: Bistro de Paris, Wolfgang Puck Upstairs, Bongo's, anything in the Dolphin/Swan, Victoria & Albert's...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter