Question about DDP and Kid's Meal for DS 11

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by My2QTs, Sep 28, 2009.

1. My2QTs

My2QTs DIS Veteran

Okay, I know he is technically an adult and that he has to use an adult TS credit at buffets/family style/character meals, but could I use a Child's TS credit on him at Tutto if he wants to eat off the kids meal? My dd is 4 and she will have some left over TS credits (cause she'll be sharing with me at some places) so I wasn't sure if I could use some of those kids TS credits on my DS11 instead? I know I can order kids meals for him at most places if I pay OOP (non buffet, etc..), but can I use a TS of my daughter's on him, if she isn't using it at that meal? Tutto is just way too much adult food for him and it would be a waste.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

You won't be able to do that. You can order a kids meal for him at Tutto, but you'll have to pay OOP. Your card will say 3A/1C, and you won't be able to order more than 1 childrens meal at a time.

4. My2QTs

My2QTs DIS Veteran

I know it will say 3A 1K on my card, but my dd (who is the kid) won't be ordering, so can I not order his meal with her credit?

5. Tricia1972

You will have no problem using one child credit and three adult credits at any meal. The trick is that you can't do more than what your card says.

Really after reading your questions, I think you understand dining better than you give yourself credit for. :goodvibes

6. My2QTs

My2QTs DIS Veteran

Okay Tricia. I so sincerely appreciate you sticking with me on this thread, but either Im not understanding you or you're not understanding me. There are four in my party: Me, DH, DS11 and DD5. I know DS11 is considered an adult and I know I can use 3 Adult TS credits and 1 Child TS credits per meal (unless its more...), but what I want to know is if they will let me use 2Adult TS credits for me and DH, 1 Child TS credit for DS 11, and no Credits for DD5 at Tutto. YOu gotta break it down for me cause Im kinda slow...haha. I think maybe your answer is requiring me to read between the lines, but I need a very literal answer: Will they let him use a Child's TS credit or not? We have one child TS credit per meal, but won't be using it on DD5, so can I use it on DD11, or will they charge me an Adult TS credit even if he orders a kid's meal?? Break it down for me!! LOL

7. Tricia1972

Yes, you can use 1 child credit and 2 adult credits for any of your meals.

My response would have been easier to understand if I'd been more clear, you will have no problem using 1 child credit and up to 3 adult credits for any of your meals.

Really you can break up your credits however you choose for each meal, except you can't go over what your card says (1C/3A) I hope this makes more sense :goodvibes

8. Smiling Cheshire Cat

Smiling Cheshire Cat DIS Veteran

Tutto's is one of those non Disney owned restaurants and because of that you may encounter some resistance. We went there in March and DS12 could not find anything he wanted on the adult menu. I asked if I could buy him a kids' meal OOP and the waiter said this was not allowed since we were on the DDP.:confused3 I was desparate so I asked if I could use his adult TS credit to get a kids' meal and was turned down again. But the waiter ended up asking what it was he liked on the kids' menu and they made it for him and adult sized it and we used his TS credit. He ended up loving his meal.

I hope it works out for you, but you might want to check before your order to make sure this is okay.:goodvibes BTW, I agree those portions are way too big for most 11 year olds.

9. Tricia1972

Ugh, what a frustrating experience for you Smiling Cheshire Cat. :hug:

I don't think that My2QTs will have issues like you did, since she could technically order the kids meal for her "daughter" and order nothing but a drink for her "son". Once the meals are delivered, just give the meal to her son, and share with her daughter like she originally planned.

Checking is not a bad idea, but I think her instance will be easier to work with than your case because she has that 1C designation on her KTTW card.