question about CS desserts

shermanedmonds

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but here it goes...
Can you "save" your CS desserts or do you have to get them the same time you get your meal?
I'm just thinking that we won't want dessert for lunch everyday, but it would be nice to get something later.
Thanks

Desserts must be taken at the time of the meal. They usually allow you to come back for ice cream within an hour-your receipt is stamped.

The other thing you can do is get fruit as your dessert. Other posters have said they were able to get bottled water also. Most of the CS meal desserts are pre-packaged and can easily be put in a backpack and saved for later.

ice cream from the same place you had lunch, or somewhere else?

Yes, from the same place, and usually within a time limit.

Once each dining credit is spent, it's spent. You can't separate the dessert and have it later, at another place.

Many CS have packaged desserts that can be carried with you if you don't want to eat the dessert.

The most common place to do the come back later for the ice cream thing will be at the resorts...especially the values where they have the ice cream stations. You can get, sundaes & ice cream cookie sandwiches for dessert with your CS meal. :goodvibes

Desserts must be taken at the time of the meal. They usually allow you to come back for ice cream within an hour-your receipt is stamped.

The other thing you can do is get fruit as your dessert. Other posters have said they were able to get bottled water also. Most of the CS meal desserts are pre-packaged and can easily be put in a backpack and saved for later.

I LOVED the option of getting a bottled water instead of dessert, thanks again to the DISers that mentioned that:thumbsup2 We were just there last weekend and it was so hot and humid, I don't think I ever even finished my whole counter service meal, I never could have eaten dessert. It was great to get a nice cold bottle of water to take with me. I did this at Pecos Bill in the MK and Restaurantosaurus at AK.

The most common place to do the come back later for the ice cream thing will be at the resorts...especially the values where they have the ice cream stations. You can get, sundaes & ice cream cookie sandwiches for dessert with your CS meal. :goodvibes

How can you tell what ice creams can be used as a regular snack credit and which ones can be used as a dessert for a cs meal. Or can you get any ice cream for either. This sounds great but I'm going to not get too excited yet since as soon as I got excited about the MYO rice crispies and pretzels and funnel cake they were gone.

We asked at the register. It was kind of confusing. You could get a sundae for either CS dessert or snack. The ice cream cookie sandwich was only good for the dessert with the cs...it could not be a snack because of the price. :goodvibes

We asked at the register. It was kind of confusing. You could get a sundae for either CS dessert or snack. The ice cream cookie sandwich was only good for the dessert with the cs...it could not be a snack because of the price. :goodvibes

Interesting. I figured it would be the cheaper ice creams that would count as your dessert on the CS since at most CS the desserts aren't that great (a brownie or cookie etc). Hope this stays around at least through October.

You can get great use out of your cs meals at the resort. We had refillable mugs so at dinner we got a large juice for our beverage and saved it for breakfast. Also, got banana bread, muffins or a fruit bowl for our dessert and saved those for breakfast the next day. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!