Question about Child Swap

disneyfanatic4

Mouseketeer
Can someone please expain the child swap. Is it used only if the child is too small for the ride? What if the child is tall enough to ride but just doesn't want to?

From what I've read in my guide books it's for both issues. You just have to make sure to tell them when you get to the front of the line.

If your child is too short for a ride and the ride has a Fast Pass the waiting parent will receive a "Child Swap Fast Pass". The first parent goes on the ride in either the Standby Line or the Fast Pass line (if they have a FP) while the other waits with the small child. Once the first parent finishes, the second parent and up to two other people can enter the Fast Pass line. Since this method uses a Fast Pass the "waiting" parent doesn't have to hang around and wait for the riding parent to finish. Instead, they can ride another attraction, or see a show or get a snack or do some shopping while the first parent rides.

If your child is too short for a ride and the ride does not have a Fast Pass (or the FP's are not being issued) then I believe that the waiting parent needs to hang out at the ride and wait for the riding parent. The waiting parent may then be "back-doored" into the ride or perhaps sent up the empty FP line. I guess it would be up to the Cast Member.

If your child is tall enough, but too chicken then the child must stand in line for the ride. Once you get up to the ride the CM will direct the child and a parent to the chicken exit. The waiting parent will then wait for the riding parent to finish and the swap will take place in the ride.

Make sure to ask the CM at the head of the line about how they want you to do a child swap as you just never know how they are doing things on a specific day.

If your child is tall enough, but too chicken then the child must stand in line for the ride. Once you get up to the ride the CM will direct the child and a parent to the chicken exit. The waiting parent will then wait for the riding parent to finish and the swap will take place in the ride.

Have you actually used it in this way? I asked this question here a couple of months ago but was told it was only for kids who aren't tall enough for the ride. I have a DD who is 10 but simply doesn't want to ride some rides so it would be terrific if it works this way. :cheer2:

Oh darn...I came to this thread hoping someone might want to do a short term swap of their adorable 4 or 5 year old for my, knows everything, scared of nothing, eye rolling, often distant 13-year-old. You might want to think about it. She'a awfully cute after she spends 30 minutes doing her hair...or when she's asleep. lol

We have used it as stated above, when the child was tall enough & was just too scared. Worked the same as when they are too short. The rides I most deffinitely remember doing it on was Splash Mtn. & Big Thunder Mtn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter