Question about AK and Boma

borgthe

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi,

Me and DH will have a 4 year old and 18 month old with us. We want to go to Boma around 5:30 one night. If we go to Animal Kingdom that day and need a break, will it be inconvenient to go all the way back for dinner? We are staying at the GF? Anyone know how long the bus ride is?

Thanks!

I find AKL to be far out of the way. I don't know how long the bus ride is there, but if the MK is closed when you come back, you will likely have to transfer buses in DTD. I'd budget for cabs both ways.

Try this:

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.asp - which says its a 21 minute drive

We've done the Boma after AK thing a couple of times with a toddler in tow. We are into park hopping, so we usually start the day out somewhere else and then move over to AK in the late afternoon for the parade at 4pm. After the parade, we hang out at the park for a few more minutes and then take the very short bus ride to AKL. Is it possible for you to go to another park in the morning, return to the hotel for naps around lunchtime, and then go to AK? I really enjoy AK in the afternoon. The park is very peaceful since people tend to leave in the early afternoon (of course, our last trip was pre-EE, so that may have changed).

Thanks amarberry,

That's a great idea. I think that's what we'll do. Hit a few rides, see the parade, then on to Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter