• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about a Wii...

LuNaReVe

I'm not Hannah's number one fannah anymore :( Bye
I finally got one and now i've had it for 3 days....and guess what. ITS BROKEN. I am so mad. The Disc reader has stopped reading the discs so we have to send it in. I am sooooo mad. Has anyone else had this problem?

No. In fact, I haven't heard of this problem except for when they first game out last year, some of them had problems with the reader. Although these kinds of difficulties are pretty normal. Sorry to hear it happened to you :( when you get it back and it works properly, it will be one awesome gaming system! :love:

P.S. Here is some pixie dust for your Wii! pixiedust:

No. In fact, I haven't heard of this problem except for when they first game out last year, some of them had problems with the reader. Although these kinds of difficulties are pretty normal. Sorry to hear it happened to you :( when you get it back and it works properly, it will be one awesome gaming system! :love:

I know :) I can't wait to get the full experience since i've only played two games on it. Right now I can still make Mii's and so I am going to make one of some people on DIS who have their pictures on the board :)

You can get other people's Wii ID's, and become Wii Friends. Then you can send Mii's to each other via the message board. Its kind of fun! :)

Did you fix it yet? You can call the 1-800 number for Nintendo. They might replace your Wii.

I finally got one and now i've had it for 3 days....and guess what. ITS BROKEN. I am so mad. The Disc reader has stopped reading the discs so we have to send it in. I am sooooo mad. Has anyone else had this problem?

Do not send it back!

they will send you a refurished one.

Take it back to the store.

Do not send it back!

It seems to be a chance thing. I often hear about people getting new ones or refurbished. And since it sounds like just a disc error, I'm sure they can repair it, or at least if it does get replaced you don't have to worry about losing your memory.
EDIT: Losing your memory? xD
Heh, I meant losing your saved stuff.

Now if they can just change from Opera to Internet explorer or something better so I can play vmk on my wii. That would be daBomb.:goodvibes
p.s. lol I haven't read much about my wii yet, but can someone PM me on where I find my wii friends code so I can hook up with other wiis miis and where to input other's wii codes? It's a real shock I don't already know this because I'm a total technology freak.

It seems to be a chance thing. I often hear about people getting new ones or refurbished. And since it sounds like just a disc error, I'm sure they can repair it, or at least if it does get replaced you don't have to worry about losing your memory.
EDIT: Losing your memory? xD
Heh, I meant losing your saved stuff.

my problem with that is this is a brand new machine and I would not want it fixed or replaced with a refurbished unit.

I would demand new for new.

Now if they can just change from Opera to Internet explorer or something better so I can play vmk on my wii. That would be daBomb.:goodvibes
p.s. lol I haven't read much about my wii yet, but can someone PM me on where I find my wii friends code so I can hook up with other wiis miis and where to input other's wii codes? It's a real shock I don't already know this because I'm a total technology freak.
It isn't Opera's fault, it is that you can't download Shockwave.

It isn't Opera's fault, it is that you can't download Shockwave.

I wasn't referring to the fact you can't download things on the wii, that's got nothing to do with the browser. It's just that Opera isn't my favorite browser of choice because it has a lot less features then all the others.

I haven't had this Problem before... But Hopefully the Repair shop with get it sorted for you.. :)

pixiedust:

Do not send it back!

Yeah, my laptop is refurbished rofl

It has a Awesome rad red sticker on the bottom saying its refurbished. :cool2:

LOL although, i may have some problems with it. It was the best gift i ever got for my birthday from my brother!! :goodvibes

I wasn't referring to the fact you can't download things on the wii, that's got nothing to do with the browser. It's just that Opera isn't my favorite browser of choice because it has a lot less features then all the others.
No, you said it was Opera's fault.
Now if they can just change from Opera to Internet explorer or something better so I can play vmk on my wii.
But yeah, I wish they had more features, but why do we need them when we already have a PC that is easier and probably faster? It's definatley faster when it comes to typing... x_x

I haven't looked here in a while but yes, i am getting a brand new one straight from the nintendo dude.

CRAP. It is re-furbished. I got it today....

Mal the problem with taking it back to the store is it was a gift and I have no clue where it came from.

Man..........that stinks.

Do not send it back!

CRAP. It is re-furbished. I got it today....

Mal the problem with taking it back to the store is it was a gift and I have no clue where it came from.

Man..........that stinks.

Refurbished is not bad!!!! Nintendo by far has the best service of any of the manufacturers. When you get a refurbished from them it is just as good if not better then new, becuase they have put the new parts/fixes into it.

To find out all about wiifriend codes and more come to the link in my signature! We've been going strong since day one of the Wii!

I have some questions for you Wii lovers! :D

Well, you see, i was at BestBuy the other day and they didn't have the Wii console, but they had the games and controllers and stuff like that. I wanted to get the Wii, but i heard they are coming out with one with a hard drive in it? anybody hear of that? i'm not sure what exactly is different or better about a hard drive, but newer is usually better.

What can the Wii do besides play games? and for those of you that ehard about the new Wii, what is so special about it?

Thanks in advance!

:hippie:

I have some questions for you Wii lovers! :D

Well, you see, i was at BestBuy the other day and they didn't have the Wii console, but they had the games and controllers and stuff like that. I wanted to get the Wii, but i heard they are coming out with one with a hard drive in it? anybody hear of that? i'm not sure what exactly is different or better about a hard drive, but newer is usually better.

What can the Wii do besides play games? and for those of you that ehard about the new Wii, what is so special about it?

Thanks in advance!

:hippie:
There is absolutely NO news on any new form of Wii. People are speculating on a hard drive for it and a new version with a DVD player. A hard drive would give you more memory, but for the moment you could buy an SD card. Don't buy one of Nintendo's, though. Way too expensive.

Besides games, you can browse the internet (no keyboard yet, though I'm sure Nintendo or a third party will make one soon), you can see weather, play ANY GameCube game, and do several other little things. They call the things on the menus "channels" and they come out with new ones for the Wii every now and then. You can also go on the Shop Channel and download Virtual Console games, which are games from old systems like the Nintendo 64, NES, and Sega Genesis. They do cost money though, and you can buy $20 cards at stores with a code to redeem for cash. You will also need a controller, so you can buy a classic controller which can play all games, or a GameCube which can play most.
You will need wireless internet though for a lot of things, like the Shop Channel or Internet Channel. Most wireless routers will work, or you can buy a USB or LAN adapter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter