• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about 2 BR 'Lockoff's

cathyz

Mouseketeer
We've done a 1 BR (DH, me, DS10, DS13) and a Studio (my parents) at BWV. I see it's cheaper to do a 2BR. But, I'm concerned:

1. Can a 'lockoff' be guaranteed?
2. Are these available at BWV and BCV (we haven't decided).
3. What is the 'lockoff' portion like? Same as a Studio?

I'm not sure if this option would work for us, but it sure sounds worth looking into.

Thanks!
Cathy

a lockoff is just the 1br and studio with the connecting door open :laughing:

BWV only has lockoffs, no dedicated 2brs :).

Yes, I think "lock-offs" are a reservable room class, so they can track studio and 1 bedroom availablility. That is as close to a "guarantee" as you can get for a Disney resort.

We will be in a BWV 2BR Lockoff in 2 weeks. We are sharing the condo with my brother/SiL. Will our keys open the "lockoff bedroom" as well as the main condo?

/Jim

I believe about half of the BCV 2 bedrooms are lock-offs. They are a reservable room type.

FLYNZ4 said:
We will be in a BWV 2BR Lockoff in 2 weeks. We are sharing the condo with my brother/SiL. Will our keys open the "lockoff bedroom" as well as the main condo?

/Jim
Yes, if you reserved it as a 2 bedroom, all of the issued keys will open either door into the hallway.

There is no key for the connecting doors - it's the standard double door set up. Each side can lock (turn a deadbolt) the access between the studio and 1 bedroom sides.

Best wishes -

We just made a reservation at OKW for a 2bdrm lockoff. It was a reservable room class and a guaranteed reservation. I don't know about the other resorts, though.

I'm hoping that this will be as nice as a regular 2 bdrm. Does anyone have experience with both types of rooms? We will be traveling with another couple and I thought the lock off would give us each a little more privacy, and help them feel that they were able to keep their own schedule. Yet we would still be able to get together easily for socializing and such.

The lock off 2BR will have the kitchenette and will also have a balcony. The dedicated 2BR will have no balcony and no kitchenette but will have an additional closet where the exterior door is found in the lock-off.

Furnishings and decor will be the same in both and the connecting door is in the same place.

Personally, I think they both offer the same level of privacy when the connecting door is closed, but if the microwave and balcony are important, get the lock-off.

Enjoy!

BCV has 78 dedicated 2BR units and 74 lock-off 2BR units.

As Doc says, theres not much difference, but we like the lock-off units, so that our guests in the studio part can keep their own stock of drinks in the refrigerator and make their own coffee. The extra balcony is nice too.

Thanks so much! I was just thinking that a lock off would let them come in later than us without worrying about disturbing us. I'm glad there are other benefits too! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter