Quest for the West Aug 2 - 8 with PICS *Complete Trip Report*

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by tksbaskets, Aug 11, 2009.

1. The Disney Fanatic

The Disney Fanatic DIS Dad's Club Member #1

Here is the track:
    [​IMG]

DS1 near the bottom:
    [​IMG]

We all proclaimed the ride 'OK' and had no burning urge to go again. Perhaps if our kids were small it would have been a bit more thrilling. One too many spins on the Rockin' Roller Coaster to compare it to. The ride up was very enjoyable.

Putt-putt golf. This also was 'OK'. The course was largely cement with in-door out-door green carpet. That didn't bother me as much as the grass and weeds growing up on the holes. Obviously no one maintains the 'greens'. So unremarkable I didn't even take a picture :scared1:

Your family is just like mine. We compare everthing to Disney. I was in Vegas comparing the themeing of the Hotels and family entertainment to Disney.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

We can't help it, we are spoiled by Disney! In a good way of course. :woohoo:Thanks for reading my trip report.

TK

4. ColleenS

ColleenS Mouseketeer

Your trip looks like so much fun. Love all the photos. :goodvibes

I think i would have had a nervous breakdown if my good camera were to break on a vacation. :scared1:

5. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

Hi Colleen. I did have a mini-meltdown when I had my Canon failure. Believe me I will NEVER travel without my back-up camera. I only took it this time because of the raft trip. Thank the Lord I had it. Could you imaging disposable cameras for Yellowstone :scared1: I got hundreds of photos on my Photopass CD too :-)

Here is one of my favorites taken by Daniel:
    [​IMG]

6. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel Moderator

I learned from your experience, tk! Never travel without a backup camera!!!! Can you imagine if I'd seen Denali, and had to use a disposable camera???? :scared1::eek::scared1:

I adore that pic Daniel took of you! Too cute. You look like a kid, and hubby looks like Bill Clinton! (In a good way!)

Sayhello

7. Diskidatheart

Diskidatheart DIS Veteran

We're getting a new camera for our Italy trip since our old one is 7 years old. It still takes great pictures, but with all the advancements made, we will definitely want a new one for this trip. Thanks to everyone for the advice about taking a backup camera. I probably would have thrown the old one away once we got the new one, but the old one will be heading to Europe also.

8. WeLoveABD

WeLoveABD DIS Veteran

When we did the Italy ABD in 2007, we had a pre-day in Rome; the camera stopped working that day--maybe due to the humidity. No backup for the camera itself--and I thought I was being pretty good about having extra batteries, an extra camera card etc! I had to buy a camera at an electronics store at the Rome trian station! (So now my nifty Italian Camera (LOL)--actually a Sony-- needs to be recharged at home with an adapter plug...). So, we now travel with two cameras--the kids have one to mess around with, and it may become the backup if mine once again stops working.

9. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

I like the way the tree trunk hides a chin ;)

Now you will think of SayHello and me when you pack your second camera. :goodvibes

WOW. I'm with you. I had two back-up batteries and two extra memory cards. Learned the hard way that they are all meaningless if the camera itself is dead as a doornail. What a nice remembrance you have from your time in Rome! I'm sure at the time it was money well spent.

10. turbo322

turbo322 Earning My Ears

thank you so much for your report and photos!
    we're considering this trip with our 11 yr old son.
    thanks again.

11. tksbaskets

tksbaskets DIS Veteran

You are most welcome. I think you son is at a great age for this trip! Hope you are able to go :goodvibes