queen bed rooms at CI&S at CCay?????

S

susy

Hi! just booked a room for my mom at CI&S at Calypso Cay-

Does the room with queen beds comes with a frig and microwave?

How is the pool?? Pool slide? Zero depth entry? pool bar?

Please describe the breakfast....

this place sounds too good to be true for the $49 I got through valuetrips.com

We stayed there in Aug (King Suite). I am fairly certain that all rooms come with those amenities, but of course, you can always call the hotel directly and ask. Also, I noticed that you said "queen beds". Are you certain that it's two "queen" size beds and not two doubles?

There were several threads here giving rather extensive details of the rooms, grounds, etc..
I'll try to be brief as I don't wish to bore anyone with another long review.

The pools: 3 Pools total. 1 Adult near CI&S. 1 Adult near Amerisuites. 1 Family pool (zero entry, sprays, slide) in between both adult pools. Not terribly large, but very nice. It seemed like they were ready to open the pool bar just as we were leaving to return home. I don't know what the status of that is.

Breakfast: is your typical "Continental" breakfast. Danish, rolls, toast, english muffins, bagels, French Toast, Waffles (the microwave kind!!). Oranges, apples, bananas, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice (not real), coffee tea. For free it's more than adequate.

We paid between $54-64 per night (the discount was more some nights than others.) We also booked it through valuetrips. Trust me when I say, it ain't the Four Seaons .. but let me say this.... for the price .. it was pretty damm nice and I wouldn't heitate staying there again. It was wonderful!

Ha ha! I've never stayed at the Four Seasons , so I don't think I'll be missing anything. I just thought that for the price, it is a bit better than the All Stars. Free breakfast and pool slide is something you will not get onsite for the $50 range.

This place is great for the $$$$$
It is only double beds. They have a counter space with a small microwave and refrigerator built in.
I faxed a room request about a week before our stay requesting a pool side view(rather than parking lot) and to be near but not next to an ice machine. We were totally accomodated!
Breakfast plentiful and it took us between 10-15 minutes to get to WDW parking lots from the hotel. (we left everyday about 8:15 for 9:00 opening).
Breakfast opens at 7, and I suggest eating early beacuse it does get crowded, although the eating area is huge.
Since our family of four was barely in our room, it suited us just fine.

thanks! Can you give me the fax???? I would very much appreciate it!

I'm curious...IowaGirl and alde,

Since you guys actually stayed at the resort, are you sure the regular rooms had double beds? The CI&S website says the deluxe guest rooms have queen beds, and no other type of room is mentioned other than the king suites or kid suites. One of the biggest reasons I initially considered this resort was for the queen beds.

We had what was called a "King Suite", which is essentially two rooms.. one with a king size bed and a living room with a sofa that pulls out into a double bed. As far as queen beds or doubles, may I suggest you contact the hotel directly at

Telephone: 407-997-1400 Fax: 407-997-1401
Toll free Reservations: 1-866-656-5650
Email: countryinn@cfl.rr.com

Unless anyone else who reads the board can attest to either one, the hotel should be able to tell you. Also, it was my understanding that all suites face the pool only. Again, what the agent may have said is that, if you have a suite, you are guarenteed to face the pool. I just took this to assume that this was just how the hotel was designed. Obviously someone stayed in a standard room that also faced the pool. I was concerned with this because it's not so much that I wanted to face the pool, in as much as I didn't want to be in a room facing a major road. Fortunatly, CI&S is way back off of the main road so that noise is not a problem, no matter which side of the hotel you're on.

It is my impression after staying here last month that the queen rooms do not face the pool. We had a king suite, it did face the pool, this was a very nice view, but we did hear alot of the noise from the pool untill about 11. But after a couple of days in the parks we were so tired that the noise did not bother us.
This was a very nice hotel and we would stay here again, I did write a long report about 3 weeks ago about our stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter