Quantum & Anthem ! Who's going .....

Thank you for all the info. Sounds like lot of fun.! one thing....quantum class/ anthem class/ freedom class ......how many ships are there ? like DCL every body highly recommend fantasy or dream.
Which one do you recommend with family has 2 boys ? we don't want to go Asia cruise. prefer less than 7days and south island.

thank you

quantum class is three ships - quantum, anthem, and ovation which is being built. there is supposed to be fourth one in the future. anthem is the only one sailing out of the u.s. - currently from n.j.

oasis class is also three ships - oasis, allure, and harmony which is being built. there are generally at least two sailing out of florida.

freedom class is three ships, too - liberty, freedom and independence. these also rotate sailing out of florida, nj, galveston tx, and europe.

i'd say freedom class is the most equivalent to the dream or fantasy as far as size. oasis class are huge - a lot of the same features as freedom class, plus a central park, a boardwalk area, and an aqua theater with diving and fountain shows. quantum class are between freedom and oasis in size, but are very different than other royal ships - they sort of feel more like an elegant vegas resort rather than a ship.

all of them have tons of stuff to do for kids and teens. i think freedom class is a good "starter" cruise for royal - lots to do, but if you're used to the size of fantasy or dream, it won't be overwhelming. of those, liberty is the most updated and has the best shows, imho. liberty also has dreamworks if the 11-year-old is still interested. she's currently sailing out of nj but when anthem comes to nj this fall she will move, though i'm not sure if to florida or texas. either one should have caribbean cruises, though.

Am I being thick?

How do I see my balance and make final payment?

Am I being thick?

How do I see my balance and make final payment?

On the royal website? if you go into the cruise on "mycruises", there are a number of tabs near the top of the page for itinerary, ship info, tips, etc. one in the middle should say "payments" (or something similar, like "payment info") - if you click on that, it should take you to a page with your balance and a link to pay it.

if you booked through a travel agent, you have to pay through the agent, so that payment tab will not appear on your mycruises page.

the royal website is horrible, so if you do not have the payment tab even if you booked directly through royal, just call them. they can take your payment over the phone and email you a receipt. i currently have 6 royal cruises booked and this happened on one of them. : (

I don't see it, so I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the help.

They really don't seem to want to help us out - I just happened to remember my payment was due soon (digging around in my old emails the confirmation says it's actually due tomorrow) but I've had no kind of reminder sent at all - terrible!

Oh and 6 cruises lined up... Nice! :thumbsup2

I don't see it, so I'll give them a call tomorrow, thanks for the help.

They really don't seem to want to help us out - I just happened to remember my payment was due soon (digging around in my old emails the confirmation says it's actually due tomorrow) but I've had no kind of reminder sent at all - terrible!

Oh and 6 cruises lined up... Nice! :thumbsup2

sorry not to be more help. there's a chance it's not on the site, given their IT - it's truly terrible. that said, usually their customer service people are ok, and their on-board experience is generally great, as long as you can stomach the booking process. we usually get an email the day before our payment is due, but not always, and even though we've signed up for their promotional emails etc a billion times, we've never gotten any. it's so bizarre.

yeah, i don't know how the 6 cruises thing happened. :blush: they're over the next couple of years, and some of them are short (4 or 5 night) but i'm sure some of our friends think we're crazy! if i count my two upcoming disney cruises, it's 8, and we're also planning on panama canal on disney for fall 2017. just lucky DH and i both have jobs with flexible schedules, and we can sail offseason so it's cheaper!

We're sailing on the Anthem on April 30, 2016. Our first RCCL cruise and our first non-Disney cruise. We're excited to experience a different vibe (but we still love Disney!).

We're going on the March 19th Anthem cruise. First time on Royal Caribbean. Already went on three Disney Cruises. Our 12 year old was getting bored on Disney so we are trying the Anthem for the first time. Hope we won't be disappointed.

We were on the first cruise out of Bayonne on November 10th for 12 days. Beautiful ship. Food was fabulous. The only real issue we saw was with Anytime Dining (Dynamic Dining) We had choice, with the 530pm diner, rotation was Silk, Chic, American Icon Grill, Grande. The lines waiting to get into the Restaurants for anytime dining were huge, so big it was hard to get out after dinner. Two nights we decided to get away from it and eat in the WindJammer, Love the new setup and the variety of the food. Could have eaten there every night and been happy. Didn't seem to be any problems getting chairs on deck, we spent all our time in the solarium. Another disappointment was the fact I had to pay to use the steamroom which was free on the Explorer & Liberty of the Seas. We're scheduled on the Anthem again next November 10th and called and took us off Dynamic Dining. We were afraid it was going to be too big, but never had a problem, most of our time was spent on Decks 3, 4, 5 & 14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter